Hi Sal

Welcome back. Battery charged?

Comments

• Yep2Yep2 Posts: 412
    Cool beans. Sal bought a CS350 from me. Talked to him MANY TIMES. Always enjoyed it.
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 412
    I would think he got a bad rap... Never a cross word to anyone. Cast aside for beinging a lover/ fanatic of "Green".
  • boston1450boston1450 Posts: 5,838
    edited December 2016
    Welcome back
    Post edited by boston1450 on
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 8,953
    Welcome back.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,579
    edited December 2016
    Yep2 wrote: »
    I would think he got a bad rap... Never a cross word to anyone. Cast aside for beinging a lover/ fanatic of "Green".

Except he's on record here stating he said/did stuff to get a "rise" out of members....there's a word for that... I lost a little respect for him at that point. Up until that point Sal was an upstanding member here. We'll welcome him back until he steps off the edge again.
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,549
  • msgmsg Posts: 2,867
    Who the heel is Sal?
  • JstasJstas Posts: 13,451
    Sal is....was Laserath.

He left after some dust up over opinions and trolling. As pitdogg2 says, he was on record here stating that he deliberately antagonizes and goads people into fights online. Of course it's gone now because he got put in timeout or something and basically rage quit after that and asked to have his account deleted. That took all his posts with him too. So there are smatterings of conversations across Club Polk where people are talking to him but since his posts are gone, it looks like they are talking to an imaginary friend or the voices or something.
  • msgmsg Posts: 2,867
    Oh. Was he the Prius dude?

(a case of multiple reactions. couldn't decide between insightful and lol. went with insightful, because it was more just like a cstm (chuckle silently to myself) and we don't have one of those)
    He has a Nissan Leaf.
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 1,931
    msg wrote: »
    Oh. Was he the Prius dude?

(a case of multiple reactions. couldn't decide between insightful and lol. went with insightful, because it was more just like a cstm (chuckle silently to myself) and we don't have one of those)

LOL, no, he has a Nissan Leaf.
    And with gas prices in Jersey about equal to what the rest of the country pays, I am sure he smiles every day when he drives to work :)

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,135
    I miss Sal.
    His EV threads were just shy of "spectacular!" and really united everyone of the forum.

I've since gone green and now drive an eco-diesel 1500......more light green i suppose.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,036
    I drive a Ram 5500. 6.7L of ozone killing power. But it does have the DEF system......
    DEF is made from cow urine.......how does this stuff work!

I've since stopped buying DEF and fill'r up myself!
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 1,931
    2004 F150 Lariat 4x4 here.
    Just a shade over 5700lbs. but I try to drive downhill whenever I can...
    :D I tried whizzing in the tank as well.
    Totally shut down the system and green smoke belched from the exhaust pipe.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,843
    Maybe Sal isn't to blame for all the green talk, you guys are starting it without any antagonizing at all. :D
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Maybe Sal isn't to blame for all the green talk, you guys are starting it without any antagonizing at all. :D

Put a sock in it, tree hugger.
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »

Put a sock in it, tree hugger.

Ditto!
    Wait, he's in Colorado.....Tree Smoker!
    1lightningengine.jpg
  • Jstas, it looks like ET got sucked into the intake !

...... I recommend more pulleys. :D
    It's the engine in my truck. Supercharged 5.4L. In spec classes in racing, it should be in the categories with less than 400 ci or 6.0L but it gets pushed into the upper categories because 2.0L of supercharger gives it 7.4L of effective displacement.

It needs 92 or better octane.

Has a 25 gallon tank.

Still a $50 fill up if I fill up at just under a 1/4 tank.

Only gets about 13 MPG.

It's, like, the anti-Prius.

But ZOMG! When you hit the GO button! 475-500 horsepower...625-650 pound feet of torque...it shifts da earf on it's axis if it gets traction and sounds like demon spawn from Hades while it's doing it too!

It's not....ummm...."green".

Only seats 2, though, so no HOV lanes for me!
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,272
    Jstas wrote: »
    1lightningengine.jpg

I'd love to have this in the front end of my '98 F150...giggity giggity!
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 1,764
    nbrowser wrote: »
    1lightningengine.jpg

I'd love to have this in the front end of my '98 F150...giggity giggity!

I'd love to have this in the front end of my '10 Corolla...boo-ya!
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,443
    It's the engine in my truck. Supercharged 5.4L. In spec classes in racing, it should be in the categories with less than 400 ci or 6.0L but it gets pushed into the upper categories because 2.0L of supercharger gives it 7.4L of effective displacement.

Has a 25 gallon tank.

Only gets about 13 MPG.

But ZOMG! When you hit the GO button! 475-500 horsepower...625-650 pound feet of torque...it shifts da earf on it's axis if it gets traction and sounds like demon spawn from Hades while it's doing it too!

l6f75i80f2t8.jpg
    1lightningengine.jpg

If it can't beat Sal's Leaf off the line, then its moot!
    13mpg....now that is more of a toxic green.

Look at all the fun we're having with the mere mention.......aside from celebrity deaths, this is how i want to bring in the New Year.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 13,897
    The engine probably weighs more than a whole Leaf does.
    Well -- maybe not, unless the batteries aren't counted :)
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 13,897
    You know -- come to think of it -- it's kind of surprising that the Japanese auto makers didn't extend the time honored tradition of batteries not included for electric & hybrid vehicles.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,308
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Has a 25 gallon tank.

Only gets about 13 MPG.

l6f75i80f2t8.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/AutosyChicass/videos/1650325551909276/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Pfft...
  • WillowWillow Posts: 8,663
    Didn't sal post a picture of himself on the can at his work or home showing us how small the bathroom was?...