Optical port on Magnifi suddenly stopped working.

Options
Tonight the optical input on my 6 week old Magnefi soundbar stopped working suddenly. Was watching a show and the sound just stopped. Figuring it was the cable box, I rebooted it...still no sound.
I changed the TV input to a DVD player, still no sound.
I switched the LG tv from external to internal speakers and sound came from the tv speakers.

I unplugged and plugged in the optical cable with no effect.
I powered off the soundbar for a while and turned it back on...still no sound.
I changed inputs away from the optical port to aux and back..still no sound.
I plugged my old Boston Acoustics Tvee 30 sound bar in with the same optical cable and it gave me sound.
I grabbed a rca to stereo micro plug and connected the rca audio out on the tv to the aux port on the Magnifi sound bar, and got sound.
I then plugged the optical cable back in to the Magnifi, switched the input back to the optical port, and got sound.
It's worked fine for the last couple hours.

Any idea why this would happen or how to prevent it?

Comments

• BleedOrangeNBlk
    Options
    Same thing happened to me but I havent gone through the same steps you did, as I dont have a RCA to stereo micro plug.
  • timlevin
    Options
    Same thing happened to me with the Magnifi Mini connected to my LG OLED TV. Several times the sound just stopped and after various - and not repeatable - workaround steps, the sound came back on. Now, the Magnifi is just off, until I can figure out how to fix the situation so that the Mini does not need jiggling around to work. Any ideas would be appreciated.