CD Jewel cases regular sized ones

Options
Hey all wondering if anyone has maybe put some of there CD's in some of those fancy thin plastic fold over type cases to save room and have the original cases they want to part with. I will pay top dollar ( attention getter top Dollar) a reasonable price sounds better.

So which one of you fellow polkies have some laying around taking up space and have been saying to your self man I wish someone would put up a WTB ad and take these off my hands. Well that time has arrived let me buy them off you.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    How many you need?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    As many as your willing to part with, but the full size regular ones. I don't know how many cracked cases I have from Amazon or BB where they just tossed them in a padded envelope and got crushed during shipping.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• pitdogg2
    Options
    Yes full sized take it to pm we'll work it out there.
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2016
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    As many as your willing to part with, but the full size regular ones. I don't know how many cracked cases I have from Amazon or BB where they just tossed them in a padded envelope and got crushed during shipping.
    I always make them replace the cracked cases when they show up like that .... They have always made it right if I wasn't buying used. That is their problem not yours you shouldn't have to spend money in new cases for their stupidity.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Yeah to late to go back and hold them responsible I've been putting them in order the past couple of days adding the new purchases in place and realized wow got some cracked fronts and backs so anyhow pm sent. I guess its another reason to get a separate drive and a good dac and start collecting tunes that way, getting tired of rearranging them every couple of weeks.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• leftwinger57
    Options
    Here's the place were I got mine. I think it's called the Check Out Store. You can get them assembled or not in all different configurations. Buy by the lot. No affiliation just a customer.

http://www.checkoutstore.com/STANDARD-Black-Single-DVD-Cases-14MM-p/blkcase.htm?1=1&CartID=0
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    No pm as of yet. Another place is just going to Walmart I bought a stack for not much coin. I used to use sleeve city.com for SACD/DVD-Audio cases. I don't think the locking is available anymore but the regular are still available.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Walmart only has the 2 piece thin jewel cases as does Staples and best buy none of them have the 3 piece original size jewel case that they come in. PM sent.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    You can buy any style of CD jewel case online. I buy them by the case.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    I get mine from here when needed:

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/single-jewel-cases-s/1845.htm

Note black tray insert or clear tray insert. Seems like a majority of CD cases with recent releases now come with the clear tray rather than the black ones. They also sell parts. In my experience any of the parts of a CD case can be broken in manufacturing and shipping but it's usually the cover. If I get a used CD I will normally replace the case with a new one so I keep a bunch of the clear and black tray versions around.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    If you search you can get the clear trays and the double CD jewel cases too. I just bought 400 regular CD jewel cases a couple months ago but can't remember the company right off hand. When I go home tonight I can see where I got them from.

One thing that is nice about having brand-new replacement cases, in addition to being able to replace broken or scratched ones, is if you buy a CD from a cigarette smoker replacing the jewel cover is all that is usually required to get rid of the smell and return the entire package to new condition.

I used to smoke and when I quit I replaced every jewel case on about 1,500 CDs. It was like having a brand-new library.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    http://www.sleevecityusa.com/single-jewel-cases-s/1845.htm

I have used this site a ton. At one time I wanted to switch all my cases to the locking type all SACD's came with at one time. I also bought many of the locking DVD-A type as well. Those both sadly seemed to of been dropped from the site last time I visited.

Was also a great site for vinyl sleeve needs.
    Fyi been awhile since I visted that also may of changed.
  • gudnoyez
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks to Pitdogg2 aka (Ivan) I got a box full of CD cases that should help me out much thanks again. I would also like to thank you guys for the recommendations of where to obtain them I bought some stuff from sleeve city before for vinyl sleeves good to know they have the dual CD cases as I need a few of them.

Once I get everything in order, I will be done buying physical media as my buddy just talked me into getting Tidal, time to start exploring the many wonders of what they have to offer I signed up for the 30 day trial and liking it so far. I'm thinking about brushing up on my Property and Casualty insurance also hee hee hee!
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pitdogg2
    Options
    Your very welcome Steve.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Not sure I need that many maybe a few but if some people are in need of some Like lots I would pay Rick to ship them to me and I could Disperse them amongst those needing. Rick I Have the same Hendrix Stamp page, I need to frame mine are the stamps still on the Back?
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head