FR1 Soundbar Wont Power On

I literally have had this sound bar for 3 months and was a salesman for it with my former company, Dish Network, and now it won't power on at all. It just quit working. I've tested the power cord and it works fine, but the actual soundbar will not power on. Every answer on this form is "Contact Customer Service". No Troubleshooting is included with the manual and it is Christmas Eve. Customer Service won't be open until Tuesday. Help. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it?

Comments

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,614
    Hello,
    I'm sorry you're having a problem with the soundbar. You could check the external power supply using a Volt/Ohm meter set to DC voltage, it will probably measure around 15 Volts.
    Regards, Ken
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
  • Jesse_GJesse_G Posts: 3
    I am at a loss. I can't find a service repair company that will service the soundbar and repair it so it will power on. I know the outlet is good and the external power supply is good, as I have tested both. 400.00 for 3 months of use seems like a steep price to pay. I will never buy another Polk Audio product again and will let everyone I know know about this.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,133
    Have you called customer service? You should still be under warranty if you purchased from an authorized retailer.
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,133
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, I'm sorry you are having a problem. I'll forward your contact information to Polk's CS department. I can understand your frustration, but Polk has always stood behind their products.
    Best regards, Ken
  • Karp1680Karp1680 Posts: 2
    I just had/have the same problem I "unhooked" all equipment to paint the wall, everything was put on the couch, when I re-installed everything the sound bar would not power on very disappointed !!! all other equipmment powered on Blue-Ray, Dish cable box, TV etc except the Sound Bar !!!! what is the warranty on this ??
    Hello,
    Sorry there's a problem, Polk will work with you to solve it. Call them at 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 when prompted.
    Regards, Ken
  • Karp1680Karp1680 Posts: 2
    thanks POLK I called Tech support told them about my issue and they are sending a new sound bar with power adapter GREAT Customer Service Polk Audio just GREAT !!
  • Jesse_GJesse_G Posts: 3
    Polk definitely stands by their products. Ken contacted me and is shipping another sound bar. Not only did they win my loyalty, but they managed to get my wife in their corner too. Thanks Ken!
  • LB_CruiserLB_Cruiser Posts: 3
    My Soundbar has been dormant for awhile because we were out of town. I pushed the on button and the light came on but it’s white. No other lights are coming on. I’ve checked the TOSLINK cable and the power cable and they’re both fine.
    The last time I used it was about a month ago and it worked fine.
    My unit is just over 2 years old.
    Please help!
    Thanks Laura
    Hello Laura,
    Sorry you're having a problem. I'll ask someone from Polk to contact you via email. It might not be until Monday before they are available.
    Hello Laura,
    Sorry you're having a problem. I'll ask someone from Polk to contact you via email. It might not be until Monday before they are available.

Thank you Kenneth. I’ll be waiting to hear from Polk.
    You're welcome!
    Thank you again Kenneth!
    I was contacted by email from Ken Carter at Polk. He & I worked to see if the Soundbar would respond and at the end he is sending a new one.
    Polk and the people that work for them are the best! Great Customer service!!!!
    Good, I'm glad he was able to help.
  • antioneantione Posts: 2
    My sound bar don't want to come on or light on nothing and I brought it from dish Network just stop working completely
    Hello,
    Sorry there's a problem. Have you contacted Dish for help?
  • antioneantione Posts: 2
    Yes I contacted cs it's 830 am 3/27/18 not open yet. Can't get in touch with nobody at all
  • I got my soundbar for Christmas from my grandmother who passed in January. We have gone through all her paperwork and can't find the receipt for it. My soundbar was just working the other day but won't come on. No lights on the soundbar at all. Is there anything that can be done about this? From what I've gathered by looking up trouble shooting, this is a common issue with this product. Someone help!
    Hello,
    Sorry you're having a problem. Contact Polk at 1-800-377-7655 on Monday and explain the circumstances.
  • MikeybkMikeybk Posts: 1
    I have had my S1 Sound bar for 6 mos. When I try to turn it on the 3 lights flash then go out leaving only the blue ( bluetooth) light flashing and won't power on.
  • mhtayloemhtayloe Posts: 1
    Polk audio customer service is the best I have ever dealt with. Had a sound bar for 2 1/2 years that I got from dish network, and when I called to tell them that it would no longer power on, they just sent me a new one free of charge. Never had something like that happen before.
  • klawrenceklawrence Posts: 1
    I haven’t used my sound bar for a few months. Now, no matter what I’d, it will not power on. I’m at a loss as to what to do. I would appreciate being contacted about this. Thank you.
    Hello,
    I'll ask a friend at Polk to email you.
  • BigChillBigChill Posts: 1
    My Polk sound bar is about a year old.. of course I’ve lost receipt... I called customer support can couldn’t understand what they were saying very poor connection... she said basically no receipt good luck... not very impressed with the client support.. after reading what was posted here I was expecting a lot more....
  • TxRonTxRon Posts: 1
    My Polk 3000 soundbar had been working perfectly, but the power and optical connections accidentally were disconnected. I have reconnected all but now the soundbar will not even power on. Any advice from anyone?