FS: Rogue Audio M-120 Magnum Monoblocks

13»

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    DSkip wrote: »
    The Triode hasn't really been given a fair chance honestly. It just couldn't find a place to get hours on it. The past two weeks I've been trying to get it in the mix and it's smoothing out the way it should. Right now it's smooth easy listening on the Rosso. It feels good to listen to music again. It's been at least a month since I've really done it. Newborns mess it all up.

That would probably sound sweet with the MD2's... >:)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    marvda1 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    This thread got me to fire up some tubes this weekend. It's nice to get them in the loop again.

7be04gde17yk.jpg

Dayuum! That is pretty!
    Yeppers.....Even at low (wife respectable) volumes, the Usher bookies were pretty dang accurate with these. Nothing harsh or overbearing. Nice layers of sound were presented, no muddiness in the bass. Mids were nice and layered and highs eased into the mix without a hint of harshness......

And Sky was a one person mosh pit :D

better watch it you'll get hooked on usher >:)

No! You can't have my Amphions....

I do like that Usher sound, though.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Tubes are just flat out sexy...

Still love your amps man.
    So do I. B) They keep getting better and better to my ears. I did not think I would still be happy with them going on 5 years later.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    Toobs!

ettqshbfn6ne.jpg

$17
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Toobs!

ettqshbfn6ne.jpg

$17

$20 and I'll pick it up.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • lightman1
    Dang it, Marvin!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Good on ya Russ! Those are beautiful pieces of gear my friend. Combined with your Rogue preamp I think you're going to be a happy camper.

What's the source going to be?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • lightman1
    A brief synopsis.....
    These two amps haven't broken a sweat yet. We have killed two SS amps thus far prior to introducing these beasts to the the Infinities.

• lightman1
    My good buddy Mike.
    la2vegas wrote: »
    A brief synopsis.....
    These two amps haven't broken a sweat yet. We have killed two SS amps thus far prior to introducing these beasts to the the Infinities.

Do you care to elaborate on who "WE" might be?

If it wasn't for the different DNA helix...he'd be blood related. B)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    My good buddy Mike.
    la2vegas wrote: »
    A brief synopsis.....

Do you care to elaborate on who "WE" might be?

If it wasn't for the different DNA helix...he'd be blood related. B)

I'm sure he's related one way or another....it is Carolina ya' know
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    A brief synopsis.....

Well if you want to REALLY kick it up a nothch I know a guy who will be selling a Phase Linear amp soon lol.. We can have him NOT fully fix it, so oyu can kill the amp AND SET IT ON FIRE!!!!!!!!

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)