Warranty on LSiM 705 - Customer Service issue

Options
Long time Polkie here but wondering what the heck is going on with Polk CS? Have an issue with my LSiM 705's and submitted an online request of the problem on December 6th and had a case# assigned (00123388) . Couple of weeks go by, tried calling a few times but received busy signals over 30-40 minutes each time until early this week when I was able to finally get through. The CS Rep sent an email requesting serial numbers, addresses, etc... to which I immediately replied. I followed up a couple of days later since I hadn't heard anything back if my email was received by the CS rep, no response. I followed up with a phone call and left for said CS rep on the status of the case. No response as of yet. I figured if i started the process early in December, it would be resolved by the Christmas break since I would be home and would be able to enjoy some tunes again, but looks like that is not going to be happening.

Disappointed in Polk CS, Please advise,

Comments

• adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Options
    My advice would be to stick to the phone. I picked up a pair of LSiM 703s last week and one had a bad tweeter. I was able to get it resolved on the first call and I had the new tweeter arrive today. Make sure you have all the info like serial numbers and date of purchase etc... at the time of the call so there is no need for follow-up. Just my $0.02 as it worked for me, but YMMV.

By the way, what kind of issue are you having with the speakers?
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    I know everyone here raves about Polk CS, and my own experiences have been great. However, things seem to be somewhat... uneven, of late. Seems like there's a breakdown somewhere in their system. It shouldn't matter if customers use email or phone, or any other means Polk makes available. Ensuring threads like this don't happen should be a top priority.
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Options
    Adb, the issue is with the tweeter.

• Rich502
    Options
    Mdaudiogiy, I agree something has gone a miss with Polk CS. Not expecting world class service just a response. Although I guess if the same department is handling earphones and high end systems (relatively at least in the case of lsim) the level of service expectation should probably be less as an LSiM owner. Case in point, another issue that I mentioned to the rep on the phone was the Polk Audio emblem that keeps falling off the front of the speaker, to which their recommendation was to super glue it on. I don't know too many speaker manufactures in this price category that would recommend similar solutions to a similar problem.

And I did follow up to the rep's direct email and phone number after submitting my seriel numbers was just surprised no response at all.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I know everyone here raves about Polk CS, and my own experiences have been great. However, things seem to be somewhat... uneven, of late. Seems like there's a breakdown somewhere in their system. It shouldn't matter if customers use email or phone, or any other means Polk makes available. Ensuring threads like this don't happen should be a top priority.

Well put, Ed. Let's hope 2017 brings some changes for the better.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    I know for a fact that the CS folks are understaffed and therefore swamped. Not their fault, but those above them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Rich502
    Options
    No worries, thanks to all that have responded. Will keep trying after the holidays. Happy holidays to the entire Polk family.