Remote volume control

Options
I have a Vincent SV236 integrated which I really enjoy and want to hold onto for some time. My only gripe is the remotes volume control has huge jumps in volume levels with one click of the volume button. Is there a relatively painless solution to this....upgraded chip or something which won't cost an arm and leg? Thx....

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    You'd need a schematic to see exactly what is what.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    From the Stereophile review: " the taper on the Vincent's volume control was too severe at the low end. Nudge it up just a bit from zero output and it was loud. Move it only slightly up from that point and it was too loud. That's a minor quibble, really, but it might be an annoyance with ultra-sensitive speakers. "
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Is SYR-A the model of your Vincent remote? My stand alone Vincent Preamp is the same that's in your integrated and I'm pretty sure your remote is the same as mine. I can agree with you that just bumping the volume up a notch is quite a spike in the Volume it bothered me at first but I've gotten use to it.

What speakers do you have hooked up to the ol Vincent integrated? I'm running a pair of 2.3tls with my Vincent pre with an Adcom and love the sound. If you give Audio Advisor a call they have a Vincent technician that could probably answer your question, I lost the screws that hold the remote battery cover he sent me the replacement Scews free of charge nice people at Audio Advisor. I would hold on to that Integrated to if I were you.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)