I'm doing it again....corrupting the youts

Options
Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,712
edited December 2016 in The Clubhouse
Girlfriend's daughter, she's 9. Likes to listen to music on her hand-me-down iPod. Only has the iPod speaker. That won't do.

She rocks out on the Yammie and JBL HT rig I built for them with gear from Mr. Grand.

So I was asked to provide something of higher fidelity.

Was gonna dip into my stash but her mom doesn't want another pile of speakers, wires and electronics in her daughter's room.

Yeah, I know, no fun at all.

So fine. This is on sale right now, a hunnert smackaroos!

https://www.polkaudio.com/products/s2

747192124670_hero.png

I think it will do nicely and since everyone that was at the PF I had 3 years ago got one and raved about them, it should be more than adequate for a 9 year old with an iPod that has to go back and forth because her dad is a selfish ****.

Besides, it's portable so she can take it places. Would have gotten the S2R for her but I don't think she needs all that.

Also, she'll feel cool because she'll have the same speaker as me and she thinks my S2 in the garage is pretty slick.

If she ends up wanting something more substantial but still portable with iPod interfacing, I'll build her Podzuma:

http://projectgallery.parts-express.com/speaker-projects/the-podzuma/
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Comments

• Jstas
    Options
    I'll probably have to...uhhhhh...open it up and.....uhhhhh....inspect it for...damage...yeah! Damage, that's the ticket! Since it's open....uhhhhh....might as well run it through a....uhhhh.....break in period! Yeah, that's it! Break in period!

Man, I'm swell! Thinkin' of all this stuff for others and stuff!

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,875
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Woa! What? You...... Have a girlfriend? ;)

Nothing wrong with getting her going down the right path. I hope you will show her how to add flac or apple's version on her ipod.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    You know you're making some of the rest of us look bad in comparison, don't you?

....... well, I guess it's for a good cause, so I guess it's okay. :)

Nice work all around.
    Sal Palooza
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    Options
    Love it man! I've been having internal debates myself as to when its time to upgrade my daughter from her Squeezebox Radio so something more substantial.

It will be sacrilege in most senses of the word, but I'm planning on a pair of Overnight sensations painted HOT PINK, and then I am going to put some vinyl decals on them, and give her some stickers so she can decorate them.

Likely using a Squeezebox Touch as the interface (since she's familiar with how to use the Squeezebox Radio), and probably an old integrated with a wooden enclosure so I can build a second one and have it wrapped in HOT Pink as well, or maybe purple... not sure...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Jstas
    Options
    You know you're making some of the rest of us look bad in comparison, don't you?

....... well, I guess it's for a good cause, so I guess it's okay. :)

Nice work all around.

I make it my mission in life.

Y'all just make it easy! ;)