Rogue Audio M120's

Options
Folks,
In my limited exposure to all things finer, a set of these has come up for sale near me.
I have no knowledge of these things and am looking for the scoop on them.
Warts and all please. If anyone is feeling in the position to throw out what a fair price is, let me know as well. Photo is not the represented ones.

xblkgiz4f8t6.jpg

Anything and anything would be greatly appreciated.
Nathan

http://www.stereophile.com/tubepoweramps/735/#ZB63i8Gj40WzC5jP.97
Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
Polk 1000p Center
Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
OPPO BDP-93
Squeezebox
Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
Sales Rating #1!!

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Rogue builds great stuff, so if the price is right, jump on them.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,006
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You should PM Mike Reeter. I see in the photo thread that he has those amps (or similar).
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yep. Check with Mike Reeter. He has a pair of M-180's. I had a pair of M-120's that were upgraded to M-180's by Rogue. As Skip said Ok sound and lots of heat. I could push the M-180's rather hard and they could not keep up. After trying to keep my room cool and find the bass control I was looking for I decided to sell them and move back to SS amps.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • WastelandWand'r
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    He has them in a package with some speaks and a pre.
    I am currently using a Sunfire 5X200 and was looking for something in the tube arena as I have limited to no experience with them (tubes).
    I do own one of those cheap little ipod docks that came out years ago so that experience is extremely limited.
    Things like these come up very infrequently in the area. Shipping costs and the such keep most people from getting involved with them so my interest was peaked.
    In looking at them (the M120) it would appear that the older ones have a more involved 'adjustment' setup versus the newer design. I will have to look into that as well.
    Heat generation in this climate would be appreciated!!
    He claims to have tubes to go with the sale.
    Of course, with all this I would actually have to put the Dreadnaught into the system.
    Again, thanks for the input.
    I attached a link, note the drive description. Yes we live in the boonies.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/ele/5916652939.html

N
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    You know given your location, I think this is just what the doctor ordered.

Go for it.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • illenema
    illenema Posts: 2
    Options
    did you ever get the 120's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I have a pair. I like them.