Group Buy '16: Dreadnought Avel Lindberg 1000VA Isolation Transformers

Comments

• jojo674jojo674 Posts: 4
    edited April 25
    I already have all new drivers, tweeters, upgraded to Tl's. New VR3 Fortress mod with high grade posts, connectors, internal wires, & SDA cable. Trey is making that as we speak.
    Original owner SDA SRS 1.2 (1989) modded to TL's with VR3 Fortress mod.
    2 x Immedia Model 8 Dual Mono Amps (profile pic.) 250W/per--500W/per channel very clean. BDA-1060 Blue-Ray/CD XLR Balanced.
    Adcom GFP-750 Preamp XLR balanced.
    MSB Platiunum Plus DAC with latest mod, XLR Balanced.
    All Audioquest Anaconda XLR and RCA wiring. CPCC Model 11 power cables.
    Audio power industries Power Wedge Ultra 116 and 115.
    4 x Sound Connection S7-III 6ft each continuous copper Speaker wire
    Yamaha RXV-1 Surround sound receiver. Polk FXI A6 Center channel, & Polk CS2 Rear Channels
    Panasonic 60" Plasma.
    4 x 30 amp dedicated audio grade outlets. Two for the amps and 2 for the power conditioners. The only thing analog is the amp inputs
  • nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,196
    jojo674 wrote: »
    I already have all new drivers, tweeters, upgraded to Tl's. New VR3 Fortress mod with high grade posts, connectors, internal wires, & SDA cable. Trey is making that as we speak.

Awesome. Get on the 800VA tranny, and you will be in absolute heaven compared to where you just came from. You can always jump to the next level whenever the next group buy happens.

Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,456
    Nice review!!

Got the remainder of parts today from Parts Express. I hope to build mine this weekend and get it in the system.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • StewStew Posts: 633
    By the way, I used the Neutrik cable to cable adapter that you found for the comparisons. Thanks for letting us know about the adapter H9!
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,605
    According to confirmations, 17 of 27 members have theirs so far. If anyone has received but not confirmed with me, please PM me.

Thanks and Dread On!

Craig
    Den: Rega RP6 (mods) * AT33PTGII * Jolida jd9 (mods) * Roon * Sonore Ultra Rendu (LPS-1) * Lush USB * Chord QuteEX (Pardo) * Joule-Electra LA-100 iii * Sunfire Sig II * PSAudio p3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2 (mods)
    Office Rip: Music Hall MMF-5.1se * Speed Box II * DL103r * Parks Budgie SUT * PS Audio NPC * Roon * Sonore microRendu * Meridian Explorer ii * Dayens Ampino * PSA Dectet * MIT s3 * Hartley Reference Mini-Tower
    Beach Gameroom: MH mmf2.1 * Denon dl-110 * Belles Phono 20a * Sonos * Arcam rDac * Belles 20a * Pass Aleph 30 * PSAudio Dectet * MIT s3 * Revel m22
    Thanks for confirming guys! Still waiting to hear from a few folks:

@250GTLusso
    @amb426amb1
    @dd2753
    @Goat
    @Nesmith98
    @Polk65
    @RobbyKY
    @villock

Please update me on your status when possible.

Thanks,
    Craig
    Den: Rega RP6 (mods) * AT33PTGII * Jolida jd9 (mods) * Roon * Sonore Ultra Rendu (LPS-1) * Lush USB * Chord QuteEX (Pardo) * Joule-Electra LA-100 iii * Sunfire Sig II * PSAudio p3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2 (mods)
    Office Rip: Music Hall MMF-5.1se * Speed Box II * DL103r * Parks Budgie SUT * PS Audio NPC * Roon * Sonore microRendu * Meridian Explorer ii * Dayens Ampino * PSA Dectet * MIT s3 * Hartley Reference Mini-Tower
    Beach Gameroom: MH mmf2.1 * Denon dl-110 * Belles Phono 20a * Sonos * Arcam rDac * Belles 20a * Pass Aleph 30 * PSAudio Dectet * MIT s3 * Revel m22
    So anyone else actually build this thing yet? Impressions? Reviews? Worth the money and the wait?
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 1,858
    Mine is almost done. I just have to connect the wires properly to the Neutriks. It'll be a while before I can hear it because I'm waiting for my crossovers from @VR3 and I still have to complete the other upgrades.
    This thing IS f@$!#&%/ heavy though, so that part is definitely worth the money! :D
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Oppo Digital BDP-103,TiVo Roamio Plus,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitor,Polk PSW150(2),Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-5100MKII,Various Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 106
    edited April 30
    nspindel wrote: »
    So anyone else actually build this thing yet? Impressions? Reviews? Worth the money and the wait?

I built an 800va while waiting for the 1000va to come in and had the second case all ready to go when it arrived. They both are done but I am kind if in the same boat as @honestaquarian. Meaning both my pairs of speakers (SR2's and 2.3's) are not ready to audition yet (doing upgrades on then: VR3 Neutrik terminal plates, Larry's rings, dynamatting baskets etc.....)

I can't wait until I can audition everything though....
    It'll all be worth the wait
    Thanks for confirming guys! Waiting to hear from a few folks:

@250GTLusso
    @dd2753
    @Goat
    @Polk65
    @RobbyKY
    @villock

Thanks,
    Craig
  • Nesmith98Nesmith98 Posts: 25
    I received both of mine today with no problems.

Thanks again for the help with this guys.
  • RobbyKYRobbyKY Posts: 15
    Hey,

Sorry, been out of the country (Romania - not so internet friendly where I was). I did get mine in the mail in perfect condition right before I left. Had a package of nonferrous bolts waiting on me today when I jumped off the plane so should be building it up this week.

Thanks for making this happen and for all the excellent tips from everyone for helping me maximize the sound quality of my beloved speakers! You guys are awesome!!

Robby
    (RobbyKY)
    SDA SRS 1.2TL x2 - SDA SRS 3.1TL x2 - SDA SRS 2BTL
    Carver TFM55 x2- Carver M4.0t x2 - Carver M1.5t X2 - Carver M1.0t
    Carver C-1 Preamp modified x2 - Carver C-4000t Preamp modified x2
    Carver MXR-150, MXR-130, TX-11, TX-2 Receivers
    Carver TL-3220, TL-3200 x2 CD Players

Thanks for confirming guys! Waiting to hear from a few:

@250GTLusso
    @dd2753
    @Goat
    @Polk65
    @villock

Thanks,
    Craig
    Note to the next person who runs a group buy, I learned this for the second one I did - always get people's email addresses and cell phone numbers!
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,155
    Now you tell us :/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    edited May 2
    nspindel wrote: »
    Note to the next person who runs a group buy, I learned this for the second one I did - always get people's email addresses and cell phone numbers!
    Good suggestion. I've got everyone's email and some phones, but foolishly expected everyone would be checking in here at some point after receiving theirs (or the projected date if not rec'd). If it were me, I'd be checking in every day, hehe. Two last visited here before shipment began. The others have been around but haven't responded. Guess folks are busy with life.

I was hoping to keep everything consolidated in this thread and the group PM for simplicity's sake. But I'll send some emails out to see if that helps. I won't be making calls however.

Edit: Email sent.
    Received one confirmation via email. Waiting to hear from:

@250GTLusso
    @dd2753
    @Polk65
    @villock

Thanks!
    Craig
    Waiting for confirmation from:

@250GTLusso
    @dd2753
    @villock

Thanks,
    Craig
    Well I think I'm gonna take a little break from the trolling on the forum.

I have tried PM's, emails, and texts, but haven't been able to confirm receipt for the above three. Apologies if I somehow missed your reply. If you happen to see this, please confirm via the email in my profile. I'm hoping no news is good news; but if there were issues with delivery, please let me know.

Thanks to members for making this such a fun and easy group buy.

Craig
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,222
    What Jesse said^^^^^
    Death Grip...
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 821
    edited May 12
    I believe this is the correct wiring for the 1000VA version, just want to be sure...thanks.

Right Pin-Red/Yellow

Right Blade (Negative Speaker Terminal) - Black/Orange

Left Pin - Grey/Brown

Left Blade (Negative Speaker Terminal) - Blue/Violet.....mine has brown/violet
    Post edited by gmcman on
  • StewStew Posts: 633
    Looks right. This is what I used:

Primary - Left
    - (0v):        Blue & Violet
    + (115v):  Grey & Brown

Secondary - Right
    - (0v):        Orange & Black
    + (115v):  Red & Yellow
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • 250GTLusso250GTLusso Registered User Posts: 74
    Hi Craig, sorry for the late reply (work has consumed all of my free time as of late). Yes I did receive my 2 units (still in boxes unfortunately). I will have them together soon (I hope).

As Jesse said, we all owe YOU our most sincere gratitude for taking the lead on this procurement. It went flawlessly as a result of your leadership.

Cheers,
    Steev
    HT
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp
    Adcom GFA-585 Amp (Front)
    Adcom GFA-555 Amp (Rear)
    Adcom ACE-515
    Pioneer CLD-3070 Laserdisc
    Sony BluRay BDP BX59
    Samsung 50" Plasma
    Polk Audio SDA SRS Front (Walnut)
    Polk Audio SDA SRS Rear (Walnut)
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp
    Adcom GFA-565 Amps
    Adcom ACE-515
    Sony CDP-705esD
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL (Walnut)
    2 Channel (Garage)
    Hafler DH-110 Pre-amp
    Hafler DH-220 Amp
    Sony CDP-605esD
    Polk Audio SDA 1C (Walnut)

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,041
    Another huge THANK YOU to you, Steve for getting the ball rolling.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

So.... where are all the comments about how great these things sound? That's usually how these group buy threads are supposed to wrap up!!
    Wish I could say I've built mine. I even have a few parts to order yet, sigh.