Group Buy '16: Dreadnought Avel Lindberg 1000VA Isolation Transformers

Comments

• jojo674jojo674 Posts: 4
    edited April 25
    I already have all new drivers, tweeters, upgraded to Tl's. New VR3 Fortress mod with high grade posts, connectors, internal wires, & SDA cable. Trey is making that as we speak.
  • nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,151
    jojo674 wrote: »
    I already have all new drivers, tweeters, upgraded to Tl's. New VR3 Fortress mod with high grade posts, connectors, internal wires, & SDA cable. Trey is making that as we speak.

Awesome. Get on the 800VA tranny, and you will be in absolute heaven compared to where you just came from. You can always jump to the next level whenever the next group buy happens.

• heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,341
    Nice review!!

Got the remainder of parts today from Parts Express. I hope to build mine this weekend and get it in the system.

H9
  • StewStew Posts: 564
    By the way, I used the Neutrik cable to cable adapter that you found for the comparisons. Thanks for letting us know about the adapter H9!
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,584
    According to confirmations, 17 of 27 members have theirs so far. If anyone has received but not confirmed with me, please PM me.

Thanks and Dread On!

Craig
    Thanks for confirming guys! Still waiting to hear from a few folks:

@250GTLusso
    @amb426amb1
    @dd2753
    @Goat
    @Nesmith98
    @Polk65
    @RobbyKY
    @villock

Please update me on your status when possible.

Thanks,
    Craig
    So anyone else actually build this thing yet? Impressions? Reviews? Worth the money and the wait?
  • honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 1,857
    Mine is almost done. I just have to connect the wires properly to the Neutriks. It'll be a while before I can hear it because I'm waiting for my crossovers from @VR3 and I still have to complete the other upgrades.
    This thing IS f@$!#&%/ heavy though, so that part is definitely worth the money! :D
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 106
    edited April 30
    nspindel wrote: »
    So anyone else actually build this thing yet? Impressions? Reviews? Worth the money and the wait?

I built an 800va while waiting for the 1000va to come in and had the second case all ready to go when it arrived. They both are done but I am kind if in the same boat as @honestaquarian. Meaning both my pairs of speakers (SR2's and 2.3's) are not ready to audition yet (doing upgrades on then: VR3 Neutrik terminal plates, Larry's rings, dynamatting baskets etc.....)

I can't wait until I can audition everything though....
    It'll all be worth the wait
    Thanks for confirming guys! Waiting to hear from a few folks:

@250GTLusso
    @dd2753
    @Goat
    @Polk65
    @RobbyKY
    @villock

Thanks,
    Craig
  • Nesmith98Nesmith98 Posts: 22
    I received both of mine today with no problems.

Thanks again for the help with this guys.
  • RobbyKYRobbyKY Posts: 15
    Hey,

Sorry, been out of the country (Romania - not so internet friendly where I was). I did get mine in the mail in perfect condition right before I left. Had a package of nonferrous bolts waiting on me today when I jumped off the plane so should be building it up this week.

Thanks for making this happen and for all the excellent tips from everyone for helping me maximize the sound quality of my beloved speakers! You guys are awesome!!

Robby
    (RobbyKY)
    Thanks for confirming guys! Waiting to hear from a few:

@250GTLusso
    @dd2753
    @Goat
    @Polk65
    @villock

Thanks,
    Craig
    Note to the next person who runs a group buy, I learned this for the second one I did - always get people's email addresses and cell phone numbers!
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,459
    Now you tell us :/
    edited May 2
    nspindel wrote: »
    Note to the next person who runs a group buy, I learned this for the second one I did - always get people's email addresses and cell phone numbers!
    Good suggestion. I've got everyone's email and some phones, but foolishly expected everyone would be checking in here at some point after receiving theirs (or the projected date if not rec'd). If it were me, I'd be checking in every day, hehe. Two last visited here before shipment began. The others have been around but haven't responded. Guess folks are busy with life.

I was hoping to keep everything consolidated in this thread and the group PM for simplicity's sake. But I'll send some emails out to see if that helps. I won't be making calls however.

Edit: Email sent.
    Received one confirmation via email. Waiting to hear from:

@250GTLusso
    @dd2753
    @Polk65
    @villock

Thanks!
    Craig
    Waiting for confirmation from:

@250GTLusso
    @dd2753
    @villock

Thanks,
    Craig
    Well I think I'm gonna take a little break from the trolling on the forum.

I have tried PM's, emails, and texts, but haven't been able to confirm receipt for the above three. Apologies if I somehow missed your reply. If you happen to see this, please confirm via the email in my profile. I'm hoping no news is good news; but if there were issues with delivery, please let me know.

Thanks to members for making this such a fun and easy group buy.

Craig
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,021
    What Jesse said^^^^^
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 779
    edited May 12
    I believe this is the correct wiring for the 1000VA version, just want to be sure...thanks.

Right Pin-Red/Yellow

Right Blade (Negative Speaker Terminal) - Black/Orange

Left Pin - Grey/Brown

Left Blade (Negative Speaker Terminal) - Blue/Violet.....mine has brown/violet
    Post edited by gmcman on
  • StewStew Posts: 564
    Looks right. This is what I used:

Primary - Left
    - (0v):        Blue & Violet
    + (115v):  Grey & Brown

Secondary - Right
    - (0v):        Orange & Black
    + (115v):  Red & Yellow
  • 250GTLusso250GTLusso Registered User Posts: 73
    Hi Craig, sorry for the late reply (work has consumed all of my free time as of late). Yes I did receive my 2 units (still in boxes unfortunately). I will have them together soon (I hope).

As Jesse said, we all owe YOU our most sincere gratitude for taking the lead on this procurement. It went flawlessly as a result of your leadership.

Cheers,
    Steev
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,329
    Another huge THANK YOU to you, Steve for getting the ball rolling.
    So.... where are all the comments about how great these things sound? That's usually how these group buy threads are supposed to wrap up!!
    Wish I could say I've built mine. I even have a few parts to order yet, sigh.