no sound

rob_obx
rob_obx Posts: 3
edited December 2016 in Troubleshooting
I have a Polk sound bar hooked up with an optical line to a Samsung television ( don't remember the model, and I'm at work). the sub is wireless. I moved the TV stand away from the wall to gain access to wiring to other things, I touched, not removed, just touched the optical line coming out of the back of the tv and a few seconds later the sound stopped.
To restore sound, I have removed optical line, turned power on and off several times, changed sources, powered off the sub, checked sound output settings on the TV. Nothing is doing a thing, no sound at all.
any ideas?

Comments

• Have you tried a new optical? Those things are little glass tubes with a laser transferring audio. It is possible you broke a piece of the glass.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • rob_obx
    rob_obx Posts: 3
    edited December 2016
    I was hoping there was a reset or something to try first
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Unplug the TV from the wall, wait 30 seconds and plug back in. That might reset everything, other than that optical cables are cheap enough to try another one. Also unplug the soundbar from the wall also, wait, plug back in.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb wrote: »
    Unplug the TV from the wall, wait 30 seconds and plug back in. That might reset everything, other than that optical cables are cheap enough to try another one. Also unplug the soundbar from the wall also, wait, plug back in.

I tried disconnecting power to both. I'll grab another optical cable on my way home tonight.
    thanks for the input