Better SACD Ripping - With Oppo

2»

Comments

• Note that the IP Address for my OPPO shown under Settings is 10.0.0.125. There is no port number following this. Am I missing something?
  • DarqueKnightDarqueKnight Posts: 6,329
    There will be no port number showing under Settings on the Oppo. On ISO2DSD's Server Information screen, in the "IP Address | Port:" input window you would put:
    10.0.0.125 : 2002, where "2002" is the port number.
    "So hot it burns Mice!"~DK
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK
    "Those who irrationally rail against something or someone that is no threat to them, actually desire (or desire to be like) the thing or person they are railing against."~DK
  • DarqueKnight: Thank you so much. It is working now! How would I have ever known to put in 2002 for the port? If it wasn't for you, I would never have known. Where could I have found that 2002 value?
  • DarqueKnightDarqueKnight Posts: 6,329
    Port 2002 is automatically assigned and used by ISO2DSD.

When ISO2DSD is first installed, the "IP address | Port" input window has
    "0.0.0.0 : 2002".

You must have unknowingly erased the "2002" when you put in the IP address for your BDP-103.
    "So hot it burns Mice!"~DK
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK
    "Those who irrationally rail against something or someone that is no threat to them, actually desire (or desire to be like) the thing or person they are railing against."~DK
  • DarqueKnight: It is probable that I accidentally wiped out the port number in ISO2DSD. Thank you so much for your excellent support. Have a great day.
  • billbillwbillbillw Posts: 5,790
    F1nut wrote: »
    They don't wear out, so not sure why the desire to archive.

The players wear out (belts/lasers) and the discs get scratched if not handled perfectly.

I have also moved to playing all mine back over the network to my streaming device (Daphile) and DSD capable DAC. It is some work to rip them all, but in the long run, it is worth it. Many feel that the digital files sound better and I agree.
    Main 2-ch:
    Sony SS-M9; LSA Statement Amplifier; VPI HW-19 Mk3/Sumiko Premier FT-4/Audio Technica AT15SA; Pass Labs DIY Pearl Phono; Sony SCD-C333ES SACD Changer; TEAC UD-301 DAC; Dell/WYSE 5010 (running Daphile); Sony ST-SA5ES Tuner; Nanotec Golden Strada speaker cables (SR+#79 Shotgun); Audioquest Coral interconnects
2»