Opinions on Belles 150A?

This came up on a local classified in my area, and although I find it of interest, I have never heard of the brand. Was curious if anyone here had heard of them, or better yet, put ears to them.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/41449200?cat=&lpid=3&search=belles&ad_cid=9
"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Very musical brand and seems like a decent price. I wouldn't hesitate to put a Belles anything in a system.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Ask dhart86. He has one currently.
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    I have the Belles 150 A (non hot-rod version) Great amp value. As tonyb said very musical and warm side of neutral presentation . In my system it works well
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Thanks for the input, guys - I value your judgment. You've convinced me to go take a look...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    If it doesn't work out....PM me, I may be...maybe, willing to part with my amp only for a fellow Polkie, although I'd really like to keep it in the mix
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)