HDMI Switch - HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 for HDR Pass-Through

Options
Hey guys, hoping this is the right place to ask this..

My current dilemma - My Marantz SR7009 does NOT support HDMI 2.0a (for HDR Pass-Through). My TV only has 3 HDMI 2.0a / HDCP 2.2 inputs (TV is LG 49UH6100) which supports HDR. I need more HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 ports, so does anyone know of a good HDMI 2.0a compatible switch that can pass through HDR? The only one I was able to come across was this:

https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/177/1x...cp-22-support#

I'm just looking to see if there are any other options. Many thanks!
Marantz SR5011 / Polk Audio Signature S55 towers / Polk Audio Signature S35 Center/ Polk Audio Signature S15 surrounds / Velodyne DPS-10 / Samsung 60" KS8000 / Samsung UBD-K8500

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Since its not been out in the wild very long, I'd say you will see more of those pop up, so unless you have more devices that can utilize that NOW I'd not worry about it.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • papatom
    papatom Posts: 137
    Options
    All three HDMI inputs on my TV are currently being utilized:

-AVR Receiever
    -Xbox One S
    -Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Blu Ray player

I plan on getting a Playstation 4 Pro within the next week or two. Although it just dawned on me - is there any other input that I can use with the AVR/TV to get on-screen display from the AVR? Example, can I use the Component, Composite inputs on my TV with the AVR so I can still get the on-screen display with it, therefore freeing up an HDMI port?

Marantz SR5011 / Polk Audio Signature S55 towers / Polk Audio Signature S35 Center/ Polk Audio Signature S15 surrounds / Velodyne DPS-10 / Samsung 60" KS8000 / Samsung UBD-K8500
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    Options
    Ohh yeah
    Check out the KeyDigital 4x1 Pro K and never look back.

Here is a switch
    http://www.keydigital.com/items.asp?ItemCode=KD4x1CSK22&Company=KEY

Here is a switch with audio break out

http://www.keydigital.com/items.asp?ItemCode=KDPro4x1&Company=KEY

Don't look at any other switches besides KeyDigital.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • papatom
    Options
    Thanks a bunch guys for the suggestions. I'll check them out.

And no, the PS4 Pro cannot play 4K UHD Blu Rays, which is a silly move on Sony's part. :(
  • papatom
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    papatom wrote: »
    Thanks a bunch guys for the suggestions. I'll check them out.

And no, the PS4 Pro cannot play 4K UHD Blu Rays, which is a silly move on Sony's part. :(

Your XBox One S will :)

Oh I know. Truthfully, I like the Sammy 4K UHD player. I've not had one issue with it yet. It's quick, PQ/AQ is incredible. All around a good player.

Haven't tried the Xbox One 4K player yet :p.