Anyone drunk at this time?

MAn I cant sleep and been drinking now for about 5 days? Maybe 6. I have been on my diet but just let myself go the past week and a half and I am huanted. Christmas and thanksgivn time of the years supposed to be the best but this ones not good.

My friend and niece and nephews real father just blew his brains out with a shotgun last week. The funeral was on Saturday and me and my wife and her mom took the twins to the funeral. It was horrible and I feel bad for Zac now hes no longer here.... my heart bleeds.

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    My thoughts are with Zac and his children, that's a terrible situation all around. Drinking for a week straight isn't going to do you any good, you should stop.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    I'm sorry for your loss, but you'll find no answers at the bottom of a bottle.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Whats goes through your mind to take it all the way and follow through with something like that? Its just so random, at the satart I was crying hard and then sever anger and now just depressed. Other people have died in my life but this is most shocking to me and I think why cant I shake it off? Is it because its a shocker?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    edited December 2016
    You might be more sensitive because of your diet, your body is adjusting to the changes. Top that of with the issues with your Willy Nelson. Or you could need to see someone as you might not be producing enough happy chemicals in your brain.
    Anyway, I'm sorry for the loss in your family and I'm sure your friend, niece and nephew would appreciate a sober shoulder.
  • Sorry for your loss. Depression is very real and the alcohol is going to make the depression much, much worse. Stay strong, get a shower and a good cup Joe, and get some "strenuous" exercise in. Don't worry about not feeling better, that added stress doesn't help. You will, when you do.

Often when these things happen, we begin to wonder how, and we don't understand it. Start asking ourselves the really hard questions, and you find yourself consumed with doubt and fear. If your feeling a little out of control, do not be embarrassed or too proud to talk to someone, it doesn't mean you're weak, or even crazy. It just means you have questions, and as hard as it is you must address it, sober.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    PFB....you are killing yourself...snap out of that mindset...You are going to feel like doggy doo doo when you finally do..I feel for ya!...
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    +1 on jm's thoughts and on the alcohol worsening the depression and anxiety, and on taking care of yourself and exercising. it's not going to make anything go away, but one of the best combinations to give you the best chance to manage through this as well as possible.

+1 on Willow's recommendation on possibly seeing a therapist.
    I disabled signatures.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Sorry for your loss. Quit drinking and seek mental help. Ment to be a serious suggestion. Good luck.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    It is ok to grieve for a while and people cope in different ways, but after a while if it is affecting your health or those around you, snap out of it yourself or get professional counseling, or do some charitable work to help others in need and be productive.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Drinking for 5-6 days ? You don't see a problem with that PFB ?

Sorry for your loss bro, but seriously.....snap out of it, move on, embrace the things you love here and now. Your not doing anyone any good in the condition your keeping yourself in.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,968
    I am very sorry to hear about this horrible situation Kevin. No one should ever have to go through that, and I can't imagine what it's like. Prayers for Zac's wife and children.

I have twins myself, and God forbid if something happened to me, I hope and prayer my brother in law would be sober and strong for my children. Keep the kids in mind, and do what it takes to sober up and be a man for them. You may be the closest thing they to a father they have now.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Sorry for your loss.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2016
    Plenty of good advice above. There's no "correct" way to grieve, but sustained reliance on alcohol is only going to lead you to a more immediate set of problems. Being sad, shocked, angry and more are just typical stages you may find yourself in--you don't have to feel bad if today is an "angry" day--it's just the stage you're in.

I'm really sorry for your loss. Try to dry out and be supportive to your friends and family; they're going through phases of grief, too. You don't have to have magic answers to their problems, just be a shoulder for them to lean on as you share in the difficulty of your loss.

Be well.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • My wife and I were in bed the night she had a diabetic crisis and died. I can fully understand going off the deep end but in the end the only person I ended up hurting was myself. I know you are looking for something to help make sense of the situation but as others have already pointed out the last place you will find answers is at the bottom of a bottle.

If you want someone to listen to how you are feeling shoot me a PM for my phone number. I cannot take away your confusion or pain but I do understand some of what you are going through.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    I will not give advice, since I have not been in the situation. I will say I will pray for you and family members involved. I am sorry for your loss my friend.

Also @littlewoodboats, I am so very sorry about your wife. I have had Type 1 diabetes for 32 years now, and know all about having diabetes. God bless you and stay strong my friend.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • I tried to find the answer at the bottom of the bottle for 25 years. Could not find it and had to finally come up for air. I was sober for 5 years and my wife passed after a long illness. I still stayed sober, and that was 10 years ago.

Sorry for your loss, but grow up.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Guys I'm sorry I should have never posted this info here and I feel embarrassed. I do have a big heart but that comes with more room to fill it up with sadness and depression. I dont feel bad for myself but everyone else, his younger brother who was the strongest out of the whole family had to go do the cleanup himself. I always thought the cops had some kind of special unit or something to do such a thing.

Thanks for the kind words and I really do take your advice guys as come Monday no more as just this weekend is the last al drink and end my self pity party.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,549
    Guys I'm sorry I should have never posted this info here and I feel embarrassed. I do have a big heart but that comes with more room to fill it up with sadness and depression. I dont feel bad for myself but everyone else, his younger brother who was the strongest out of the whole family had to go do the cleanup himself. I always thought the cops had some kind of special unit or something to do such a thing.

Kevin you have been giving some great advice from those who have went through it.
    This year I lost both my best aunt and her son both to brain and lung cancer EVIL stuff not as dramatic as what you have on the plate but alcohol is never the answer.
    Thanks for the kind words and I really do take your advice guys as come Monday no more as just this weekend is the last al drink and end my self pity party.

Now you just sound like an alcoholic that has been this way for years and you are justifying your problem with this tragedy...My dad was an alcoholic he said it every time he got a DUI.." I promise no more drinking" after this one

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    I've dealt with depression on and off for many years. While not driven by the reasons you mention, the feeling is the same. I find that I have to force myself to get off the couch when I'm in a rut, but once I actually get out and about and do something, I feel a bit better.

And as someone else already mentioned, exercise is absolutely a key. Find something you like. It doesn't have to be 2 hours a day at the gym (I HATE going to the gym or running.) It can be going hiking, playing kickball or indoor soccer, going to the driving range, whatever.

This is my second year playing ice hockey, and it's been a HUGE help for my mental health. I have something to look forward to at least twice a week, and the exercise releases endorphins that help me to feel better. I'd recommend a team-type atmosphere, but just about anything exercise-wise is great.

Hang in there. This too shall pass. In the meantime, get your butt moving on occasion. You'll feel better for it.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm sorry for your loss, but you'll find no answers at the bottom of a bottle.

I have found upon reflection of my own life, it is "easy" to find yourself at the bottom of a bottle, IMO. Having problems with my ex-girlfriend has led me there. I do not get absolutely wasted every night, but I do get "buzzed" every night. It's not a solution, it's a "get-me-by" and "I am hoping for a change" situation. I know better, but still do it.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • No, but if you would of asked this question 17 years ago the answer would have been yes.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.