Healing thoughts/prayers needed for my Mum

Options

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,428
    Options
    Happy Easter to you and your mum and family, David.
    She looks pleased to be surrounded by visiting family. Doesn't take mums much, does it? :)
    That was great that you guys pulled that together.
    Keeping you guys in my thoughts.
    I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Happy Easter to you and your mum and family, David.
    She looks pleased to be surrounded by visiting family. Doesn't take mums much, does it? :)
    That was great that you guys pulled that together.
    Keeping you guys in my thoughts.
    Thanks @msg, and Happy Easter to you and your family also. Yes it made Mum happy to be surrounded by extended family. She obviously struggles to remember things and experiences confusion and other issues related to her condition, but the card and chocolates made her smile. She probably wont be able to eat the chockies, but it's the thought that counts.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Prayers sent.
    Thank you and God bless :).
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,258
    Options
    Keep pluggin' and chuggin' , Bodhi. You and your family are doing a fine job.
    Good example, IMO, of what the Japanese may call "bushido".

Prayers for smooth travels for your mom and her family.
    Sal Palooza
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Mr B. Even sick in hospital, my Mum still shows her loving and caring nature. That is just who she is. I am trying to cherish the time I still have with my Mum & give back to her the same love and thoughtfulness she always gave to me throughout my life.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    When you said you didn't know why God would do such a thing to a woman as great as your mother I can understand that feeling. Somethings are not meant for us to know but you are meant to be there. Don't worry about the unseen or unanswered, do what you know you can and continue to be a shining light in her life.

I will have my whole family pray for her and your family's well being.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks so much for your prayerful thoughts Cody. It is much appreciated :).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I visited my terminally ill mother in hospital tonight. She is not doing well. Dad and I think she only has 1-2 months left. All I can do is comfort her and pray for her now :'(.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    David, stay strong. This is all part of life. I went through the same thing with both parents over the last few years. Good luck.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    David, stay strong. This is all part of life. I went through the same thing with both parents over the last few years. Good luck.
    Thanks Bud. I appreciate your kind thoughts...from someone who has been through what i'm facing :).

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

Ditto,

peace and comfort David is all you can pray for, she'll soon be in a better place
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 342
    edited April 2017
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Ditto,

peace and comfort David is all you can pray for, she'll soon be in a better place
    Thank you for your advice @txcoastal1. To all the folks here, I believe all your thoughts/prayers do help my Mum & that means a lot :'(.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers for your Mum. There is nothing that can make this easier, but I hope that just knowing that friends are thinking of and praying for you, your mum, and your family brings comfort.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thank you scuba, your kind thoughts and prayerful support, along with this wonderful community kindle my heart, and fill me with hope that Mum's passing will be peaceful. I know she will get to the right place because of her love and the way she lived her life :).
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Options
    I love her smile in that photo...so much joy in it. I hope that she is comfortable and that you and your family find strength and comfort.
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @gurot1, thank you for your nice words. Mum's loving and caring nature will always be the same, even though she may not be able to show it all the time now. We are comforted that she is in such good care. Personally I have been comforted by all the prayerful support from so many good folks :).
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I visited Mum yesterday with my Dad and sister. Mum was having a 'good day' all things considered & was happy to see us. Those moments are golden, so I took a photo to remember the moment..

au5wee7lgfzk.jpg

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    God Bless. Treasure all those moments.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you Westmassguy. I certainly will o:).
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi folks, I wanted to say a big "thank you" to all of this wonderful community for your continued prayers and intentions which i know have been answered. The Doctors recently did a work up on Mum and said her condition has "plateaued" and her blood work and vital signs are stable for now, despite her illness.

I also visited Mum at the hospital on Sunday, along with my brother's family. Mum was happy to see the kids and was in mostly good spirits. To see her smiling like that was miraculous. Next Sunday is Mothers Day here in Australia, so I am bringing her a bouquet of flowers. I'm hoping to find some Blue Marguerites as they are amongst her favorites, and Mum was named after that flower :).

In the photo below is my Godson Daniel (left) and nephew Ryan (right)..

qxy6vchdt2uv.jpg

x2bdszct050a.jpg

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    That is great to hear! Make this Mother's day the best mate (i've always wanted to use that in a sentence) continue to be there for her as we all know you will. I and my family will continue to pray for her to improve even more!

God Bless!!!!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    David, your pictures bring tears to my eyes. You can see the happiness in her eyes with the children on either side. I hope you can find your Mothers Day gift. Good luck.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Awesome to hear. Continued prayers.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2017
    Options
    That is great to hear! Make this Mother's day the best mate (i've always wanted to use that in a sentence) continue to be there for her as we all know you will. I and my family will continue to pray for her to improve even more!

God Bless!!!!
    Lol, thanks Cody. I certainly will. Thank you for yours and your family's prayerful support. It means a lot :).

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    David, your pictures bring tears to my eyes. You can see the happiness in her eyes with the children on either side. I hope you can find your Mothers Day gift. Good luck.
    Bud, thank you very much for your heart felt words <3 . With a bit of luck I'll be able to track down some blue daisy's & pick up a fresh croissant from the Polish bakery for her and I to share with a cuppa.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    Awesome to hear. Continued prayers.
    Thanks for your positive vibes & prayerful support vmaxer. It is deeply appreciated :).
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,969
    Options
    Hope you can find the flowers and goodies to help make this Mother's Day that much more special. I plan to do the same.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Many prayers and LOVE to Mom. I pray God has mercy and is gentle to this lovely lady. God bless.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2