New setup with Polk Audio :)

Options
Finally got some Polk Audio speakers from the Black Friday deals out there.

I am coming from a all in one surround sound system which I felt was not doing its job for my liking. I finally decided to upgrade my speakers. I know its not the high end stuff from Polk but I got a great deal and these speakers sound a lot better. I wish I could afford all matching Polk Audio sets like the Signature series. But for now this will do. Sounds awesome so far.

Current setup:
Samsung JS9500 4k SUHD 65"
Yamaha RX-A760BL
Xbox One S: GOW edition
Subwoofer: Polk PSW505 12"
Center: Polk CS10
Front L/R: Polk T15 bookshelf
Rear L/R: Harmon Kardon HKTS 20

Comparing these to my previous sound set up is night and day. And these are not even Polks high end speakers. I cant event imagine how the top tier Polks would sound. Everything just sounds so much better. Music, games, movies, and live TV.

Reason I went with Polk Audio was my experience with them at a friends house. They just sounded so awesome and live. I just had to give it a shot.

I also had a great experience with customer service with them when I just had a questions regarding their products.

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but just wanted to express how I am enjoying the set.

Good Job Polk Audio for making some affordable nice sounding speakers.

Here are a few pics on my set up. Really wish they where all matching. Im sure sound would be more optimal. Bust so far audio is great.

d3j3xf6ch4x6.jpg
mfv3be287pwl.jpg
l33baygjle2t.jpg
8ppwsw2feqss.jpg

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    Nice clean setup. Glad you're enjoying the rig.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    No reason not to enjoy that. Looks good. Welcome to CP! :)
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Very nice!
    Welcome to the forum-where we always show you how to empty your wallet :Do:)
    The only change that I would recommend is to move the surrounds up higher. To the top of the painting in between them. It has to do with the way that movie soundtracks are mixed and the published standards that they have for how the speakers in a movie theater are to be set up. The surround soundfield is mixed and optimized for that standard setup.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options
    Beautiful, congrats!
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Don't worry about getting all matching series if you enjoy the sound, the rest will come with time. I started with a hodge podge system and eventually over time got everything that timbre matched. Looks good to me however enjoy!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,875
    Options
    Nice set up. Sit back and enjoy it
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,446
    Options
    Nice setup, and welcome!
    I disabled signatures.
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    Options
    Gorgeous setup, nice job! Welcome the forum!
  • VoodooGTS
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Just curious, is there a gallery page in this forum on peoples set up? I want to check some out for ideas!

Thanks again
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    The gallery disappeared when Polk switched from vBulletin to this disaster.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Welcome to Club Polk VooDoo!

Terrific looking setup, and don't worry about everything matching, none of my speakers match, but it still sounds great.

And while usually you should have the back speakers about 6 ft. up, with them being so small, I would probably leave them where they are. Higher up and they might simply get lost.

Enjoy your setup!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Hello, and nice setup !

..... what time do you want me to show up for dinner ? :D
    Sal Palooza
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Very nice!
    Welcome to the forum-where we always show you how to empty your wallet :Do:)

+1 but x10
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    Forza?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    VoodooGTS wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Just curious, is there a gallery page in this forum on peoples set up? I want to check some out for ideas!

Thanks again

http://web.archive.org/web/20110219125848/http://www.polkaudio.com/search/older-models.php

This is the pitiful excuse for what used to be our gallery.
    After the page loads, highlight Forums then click on System Showcase. It's not recent (2011 last time someone posted) but could give you some ideas?

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • VoodooGTS
    Options
    Just curious to know how much of a difference would it make if I where to change the T15s up front to some TSi100's? Its fairly larger. Has anyone wall mounted them? I also noticed it was rear ported. Would it hurt the performance when mounted on the wall? Thanks.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    I don't really love the TSi series, and the T series is supposed to be a really great bang for your buck. If you upgrade go with either the RTiA series or the new signature series. Both have rear power ports with built in brackets so they are made to b ewall mounted.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • VoodooGTS
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I don't really love the TSi series, and the T series is supposed to be a really great bang for your buck. If you upgrade go with either the RTiA series or the new signature series. Both have rear power ports with built in brackets so they are made to b ewall mounted.

Agree. I don't really like how the TSi100 bookshelf looks as far as aesthetics. Signature S15 look very nice. Just wish they where more price affordable. And by the measurements they seem huge. I wonder how they looked wall mounted.

Do you think from a T15 to a Signature S15 make a difference when its used for the front L/R?

Thanks.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    VoodooGTS wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Agree. I don't really like how the TSi100 bookshelf looks as far as aesthetics. Signature S15 look very nice. Just wish they where more price affordable. And by the measurements they seem huge. I wonder how they looked wall mounted.

Do you think from a T15 to a Signature S15 make a difference when its used for the front L/R?

Thanks.

Yes I would think so!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer