So stressful...

Ended up buying some tickets to a Bruno Mars concert for the newly minted Fiancee. Let's just say it is a dream of hers to see him live, this had to be one of the more stressful situations I have been in.

I pre ordered the album to get early access to tickets, the second they went on sale I had non stop errors on ticketmaster. In a panic I had a friend pop on and he found one floor seat ticket for $120, had him buy it right away thinking one ticket is better than none. Told my better half about it and she was a little let down she was going to attend alone.

30 min later my friend calls back and found another single ticket...the seat next to our other single ticket. Luck, I think so.

Needless to say I guess I will be joining her to see Bruno Mars (not my favorite artist but a great performer) in Nov of 2017. Will be my first "big" concert so excited to see how it goes.

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    it could have been worse, Bieber, Celine, kanye....
  • I would have refused to buy tickets for them..although I could probably deal with Celine... if I had enough drinks in me.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Tickets, for a show a year away? I know this has been a trend the last few years, but that's ridiculous.
  • DSkip wrote: »
    I like Bruno and I bet he will put on an amazing show. I don't know that I would like him personally but his music and showmanship are top notch.

Yeah I am excited for the show more than the music (even though I do enjoy some of his stuff). I'm just glad to let my fiancee mark something off the bucket list, now to deal with 15,000 screaming fans.

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited November 2016
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Tickets, for a show a year away? I know this has been a trend the last few years, but that's ridiculous.

I was taken back by it be to completely honest too. I am guessing that he probably needs money to put up and make the shows happen...either that or he needs some more booger sugar to "fuel" his "creativity".

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    DaveHo wrote: »

I was taken back by it be to completely honest too. I am guessing that he probably needs money to put up and make the shows happen...either that or he needs some more booger sugar to "fuel" his "creativity".

There's more to it than that. Nitro Circus is coming to our neck of the woods and tickets are already on sale. The date is about 10 months from now.
  • Im going with more booger sugar...momma always said don't make things too complimacated.

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    My wife just booked tickets to the Bruno Mars October 27 show last night... So yeah, they book fast
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V wrote: »
    My wife just booked tickets to the Bruno Mars October 27 show last night... So yeah, they book fast

Indeed they do, I was lucky enough to pre order his album for her from his direct store. I got a pre sale code for the tickets, $120 for floor seats ain't too bad. Now to keep telling myself this is for her when the ticket prices start to spike.

• @Joey_V I was going to get my mother tickets to that show in Dallas. Key word..Was.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    edited November 2016
    EDIT: I do know what F1nut means, but --

There's still talent out there -- plenty of it. Not playing the big venues, though.
    Heck, we saw Richard Thompson in a 200 seat theatre in Berlin, NH two years ago -- second row. The whole deal was fabulous.

Plenty of good stuff to see; just have to shop around a little :)

• F1nut wrote: »
    I'm so glad to have grown up when there was actual talent performing.

Yeah not all of us are as lucky. Which is why I usually skip big concerts in favor of small intimate venues with local acts.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2016
    Be a lot of wet panties in that (Bruno) audience.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    @Joey_V I was going to get my mother tickets to that show in Dallas. Key word..Was.

Was??
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

My youngest is 29 (son) and he says you would be surprised at how many people his age have generation envy, our generation. Of course he prefers our generations music.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Joey_V wrote: »
    @Joey_V I was going to get my mother tickets to that show in Dallas. Key word..Was.

Was??

Well initially I bought only 1 ticket for Bruno and with my pre sale code I could buy two. I was about to buy her a ticket with the code but another one in phoenix showed up so I had to buy it. I ended up getting her tickets to Florida for next years Humprey Bogart Festival.

• Be a lot of wet panties in that (Bruno) audience.

Normally there isn't a bunch of humidity in Arizona...not on this night.

My youngest is 29 (son) and he says you would be surprised at how many people his age have generation envy, our generation. Of course he prefers our generations music.

I have love for a lot of artists that are modern but what I wouldn't give to be back in the hey day of rock n roll.

• mhardy6647
    F1nut wrote: »

Well -- I've noticed that I still see Pink Floyd posters -- and hear Pink Floyd -- on college campuses/in dorms. Which is actually kind of sad.

Although, I've long opined that, as long as their is dope, Dark Side of the Moon will still be selling briskly.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited November 2016
    DSkip wrote: »
    It's not a question of talent. It's a question of pop music in general. I like Bruno because he brings back some of the funk and Motown sound and showmanship. He is good at what he does.

A prime example of pop vs. talent would be someone like Lady Gaga.

Not his new album = /. It is more R&B and party anthems, I like R&B but we have enough great artists. Now when I look to new artists bringing Motown back I think of Leon Bridges...now that kid is something else.

• mhardy6647
    I typed "as long as their is dope" previously -- man! I must be. really. effed-up. Man.
    Whoa.
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I typed "as long as their is dope" previously -- man! I must be. really. effed-up. Man.
    Whoa.

Effed up...on the dope man?

• mhardy6647
    edited November 2016
    must be, right? I mean, I know my "there, their, they're".
    Wow, man -- lemme go see what's in the pantry. Whoa. Cheez-whiz & saltines! Party time!

Dude! Like -- sorry for the hijack, man. What were we talkin' about? Some dude, Bruno, from Mars, man? Far out.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Doc Hardy has been "experimenting" in the laboratory again.
  • lightman1 wrote: »
    Doc Hardy has been "experimenting" in the laboratory again.

Based on his last comment I might have to go see what he is "experimenting" with. = ]

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Cabin fever has set in already for the good doc.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited November 2016

Come on, Jesse, you know that's bologna. Sure today we have Beiber and One Direction and other grade A garbage but there's certainly just as much talent out there, it's just not in the mainstream spotlight for the most part like it used to be.

afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Nightfall wrote: »

Come on, Jesse, you know that's bologna. Sure today we have Beiber and One Direction and other grade A garbage but there's certainly just as much talent out there, it's just not in the mainstream spotlight for the most part like it used to be.

You would have had to grown up in the age of sex, drugs and rock & roll to understand. Just take my word for it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Actually Bruno puts on a good show. High energy, plays actual instruments and entertaining,
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.