Paid for Pair, Polk shipped only 1

Options
nhhiep
nhhiep Posts: 877
edited November 2016 in Customer Service
Polk CS,
please help me with this, I paid for a pair of polk 703s and only received 1 speaker. Order # efe084c
I've a print out stating it's a pair. see attachment

I couldn't figure out how to post this question on your FB page, hopefully you can see this post. I called the phone #, but no one picked it up.

please ship another one.

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    You guys all knew that deal was suspect, come on. It's since been changed hasn't it? It's probable that your options are going to be buy another one or return for a refund.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    $374.98 for a PAIR of LsiM703 And free shipping!.........That saying, if it sounds too good to be true...
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Good luck on that one.
  • nhhiep
    nhhiep Posts: 877
    Options
    the receipt shows the same price with tax. i can't post it here because it has my info.
  • Paradoxex
    Options
    Everyone on this forum was advised that this was almost surely a misprint. This isn't slickdeals - you shouldn't be trying to take advantage of a typo to force Polk to give you a 75% off deal. Everything else was 50% off...it isn't plausible you didn't know what was up.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Should change the title to I only paid half and got a whole. We all know you knew better. Kuddo's if they send you another.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've sent a copy of this thread to Chet and Kim at Polk CS.
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Yeah the order did show sold as pair however I know that the LSIM are sold as a single speaker...always have always will.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,445
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ken, maybe also consider sending a copy of one of the recent Friends & Family threads where everyone was talking about how the "pair" notation was obviously an accident. I'm all for a good deal, but come on, fair is fair.

OP has a history of LSiM F&F participation here; he knows the deal. This was just an opportunistic gamble.

Are any of the others who moved forward with orders actually trying to obligate Polk to fulfill the order for the pair? IIRC the general sentiment was "I'll try it, if it fills cool, if not, it was worth a shot."
    I've sent a copy of this thread to Chet and Kim at Polk CS.
    I disabled signatures.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    The attached PDF says sold as a pair.however it says quantity shipped 1
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    OP has a history of LSiM F&F participation here; he knows the deal. This was just an opportunistic gamble.
    Oh! The OP is a haggler and maybe a speaker flipper? Tried to low ball me on my 10/10 & 9/10 condition 703's that I had listed for $700 shipped. I was willing to offer a deep deep Polkie discount of $550 shipped to move them but the op was still trying for a lower price!

Mind you, this person had a new set for sale for $950 local pickup only!

The haggle behavior is so reminiscent of a local Chicago, Wisconsin speaker flipper that tried to Super lowball me on three of my speaker listings. My RT5000's, LSiM's and Chane's....I got no love for these type of buyers!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited November 2016
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    Oh! The OP is a haggler and maybe a speaker flipper? Tried to low ball me on my 10/10 & 9/10 condition 703's that I had listed for $700 shipped. I was willing to offer a deep deep Polkie discount of $550 shipped to move them but the op was still trying for a lower price!

Mind you, this person had a new set for sale for $950 local pickup only!

....I got no love for these type of buyers!

A flipper, you say?

OP quote from a November 2015 thread -

"During last 50% sale, I bought 2 707s, 1 706c, 4 703s, 1 SVS SB13U sub hoping to build a kick@ss system (80% music, 20% movie). All power by a Rotel RB1095 with 200WPC x5 and Denon AVR 3806 to power the rears.

703 with a good sub sounds much better than 707. I've tried everything, even biamp, but couldn't get low enough bass out of the 707.

To my ears, Lsim system sounds very good, but always feel like something is missing. Just for fun, last month I bought JBL 530 for just $400 to compare with the 703 with the intention to return it. To my surprise, this JBL sounds better than 703. Both cross at 80hz with the SVS sub. Soundstage is wider and things sound more real (maybe because of the horn). I just don't like the look of small speakers on stands, so now I am hunting for bigger JBL 5 series to replace my Lsim setup."

Later, he listed the $400 JBLs here for $475.

On the upside, since he's trying to get more of them, he must have decided that "small speakers (ie. 703s) on stands" don't look as bad as he once thought... ;)

• honestaquarian
    Options
    Well you makes yo own bed ya needs to lay in it instead of trying to fleece other people. :/
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I am sure Polk has situations like these covered in their Terms And Conditions.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    I think pretty much everyone knew the price was for one speaker and not a pair as every F&F sale. Polk was already being generous and always have been generous. Why try to take advantage of a misprint?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Maybe it was one of those rare "too good to be true" things, who knows? Stuff like that happens sometimes. So he took a chance and placed his order, can't fault someone for that.
    Having said that, I do believe posting about it on Polk's forum might be in questionable judgment, but I'm sure there are lots of people who have perfect 20/20 hindsight too.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Pretty low of the OP to post this here. Based on previous LsiM buys, he knows damn well what the deal is. Shame on him. Good luck selling anything around here. You're on my no-buy/sell list for sure.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    I went through his many dozen FS and WTB posts, none with actual pics....enuff said!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    K_M wrote: »
    I went through his many dozen FS and WTB posts, none with actual pics....enuff said!
    Clearly my detective skills leave much to be desired. :o

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Looks like he was successful in taking advantage of Polk.

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/5932931054.html

• teekay0007
    Options
    Sounds like a shoo in for Polkie of the Year!
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    How do you know it's him? If so what a way to take advantage of Polk if they actually honored the deal he expected from them.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• Nightfall
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Observe his subwoofer FS thread

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/174928/svs-jbl-deftech-subs-in-denver#latest

JBL Synthesis LS 120P

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/5932552609.html

Deftech Supercube I like new

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/5932552124.html

All in Parker, CO with the same contact info.

If you read the Friends and Family thread for this year you'll see nobody expected Polk to honor the deal. Some people took a chance on the obvious typo that was later corrected, him being one of them. Now he's selling the 703's NIB for a profit.

• Paradoxex
    Options
    Because he used the forum to appeal for his gain, and continues to periodically sell here.

I am glad to know who not to buy from on the forum.
  • teekay0007
    Options
    Strong detective work there, Fife...er, Nightfall!
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    Why is it your business? By the way, you gave him some free advertising.
    Like probably most of the other members here, I appreciate the heads up. Nothing wrong with flipping gear and making a little profit, but when you're essentially exploiting someone else's mistake for profit, that's not right. I wouldn't want to deal with someone who does that.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Now he's selling the 703's NIB for a profit.
    It's called free market capitalism. Why do you have a problem with that?

Because he took advantage of someone else and their generosity to turn that profit. My God are you really that stupid? This was NOT a transaction between him and Polk that was done in a business manner. This was Polk stepping up as they always do and giving the guy the benefit of the doubt.

The op then goes out and immediately takes advantage of generosity for a profit. Not cool(adding new one to the list) and you supporting his thievery show you still have no honor. Why everyone does not have you on ignore escapes me. Back to the list permanently for you.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Now he's selling the 703's NIB for a profit.
    It's called free market capitalism. Why do you have a problem with that?

Because he took advantage of someone else and their generosity to turn that profit. My God are you really that stupid?

Apparently :o
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• ambiophonics
    Options
    I wonder what would happen if everyone followed the CL link and clicked "prohibited" ...
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server