Bands you have rediscovered

Options
As of late for some reason Supertramp has come back to me. Almost like I forgot about them only to recently be rediscovered that I quite enjoy them. I'd here them on the radio often but didn't think twice. Last weekend I grabbed a cd from our huge cd case, nothing written on it popped it in to see if I should toss it and there Supertramp played. Anyone else have this happen to them? if so which band or perhaps composer if we are talking classical?

Comments

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Funny for me to see this, just a couple days ago, I was thinking of posting something similar. I heard a Steely Dan song (Hey Nineteen) and I realized how much I like them now but wasn't a big fan years ago when I first heard their music.

I know they have a lot of fans, I just wasn't one originally, but recently "discovered" them.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    I just pulled out and old David Gilmour album for 78. "there's no way out of here" is a real fine song. It's been years since I heard that song.
  • befuddle
    befuddle Posts: 126
    Options
    On the Supertramp subject I recently had the opportunity to check out Supertramp Paris 79 on you tube before the copy-rite nasties got their way.Excellent concert that sounded pretty good on you tube so I'd imagine it would be real fine on blue ray Anyway both it and the cd came out again last year for those that dont have it already definitely worth getting [especially if your a piano fan! ]
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,462
    Options
    your moms are supertramps.
    I disabled signatures.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    msg wrote: »

Haaahaaaa :D

Play nice with the other children, Scott. :#
  • lightman1
    Options

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Huge Supertramp fan here
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    In Fact The Band i rediscovered was "Super tramp" also...I had just got a new TT a few years back and bought "Crime of the Century as it just got re-released on vinyl and I could not remember it sounding so good. I liked almost every song on it.

Them I remembered I never had a really good stereo before so everything like Steely Dan etc... were sounding so much better then I ever remembered and down the hole I went!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options

Your mom goes to college.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tJWouZcmX8
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Already bluefoxing it? Posting twice?
  • lightman1
    Options
    Strange.....parallel universes have some how managed to intersect in this particular thread. Quantum mechanics anyone?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    superstrings

(not to be confused with sillystrings)
  • lightman1
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    superstrings

I like your style, glyco-man.
  • Willow
    Options
    superstrings

Is that the underwear supertramps wear?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    superstrings

Is that the underwear supertramps wear?

:)

Extreme LOLage has just occurred.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    superstrings

I like your style, glyco-man.

Thank you. Thank you. I'm here 'til Thursday. Try the borscht.
  • lightman1
    Options
  • Willow
    Options
    All great threads get derailed
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    All great threads get derailed

The best ones are like undiscovered Seinfeld scripts that were never filmed.

Wait -- did they have scripts?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I've actually been trying to think of a band or musician that I rediscovered... I don't think I ever really let go of the ones I really like.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    America, dang, that was a while ago...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    America, dang, that was a while ago...
    Heck, I've got a 45 rpm recording of Dickie Doo and the Donts' immortal (literally) "Flip Top Box" in a treasured cardboard box in the basement.
    I heard a crazy, crazy story of a sly old fox
    And when they buried him he made 'em use a flip top box...

https://youtu.be/In6BUZTtxbE
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Styx. Especially hearing them on the SDAs for the first time.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    While I appreciate "rediscovered" and with the band mentioned, time to check out the band "Jellyfish" and lose you mind. Probably the best band on the planet that didn't get that break. Check em out once again (if you're already hip) and if ya ain't....you are in for a treat!!! If you like the Tramp....and I do!!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Mikey081057
    Options

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Mikey081057
    Options

• Willow
    Options
    While I appreciate "rediscovered" and with the band mentioned, time to check out the band "Jellyfish" and lose you mind. Probably the best band on the planet that didn't get that break. Check em out once again (if you're already hip) and if ya ain't....you are in for a treat!!! If you like the Tramp....and I do!!!

Couldn't get into Jellyfish. Gave them a try and just couldn't do it.
  • 55LS70
    55LS70 Posts: 184
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I inherited a Dicky Doo and the Don'ts 45 from my aunt about 50 years ago. Believe it or not, I think one of the song titles on it was "Don't Do It". I could be wrong though, my memory is weak at best. I think I sacrificed it for the high school science project.
    Decware CSP3 Preamp, RCA 6DJ8, 2 X Rocket 6N1P-EV's, Cary SLA70B Signature V2 Amplifier: 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA/GE 5691's, 4 X Tung-Sol 6550's

Cambridge Audio 640C V2 CD Player & Dacmagic DAC

Rega Planar 3: Deep Groove Subplatter, P3 Motor
    upgrade, Dynavector 10x5, JA Michell counterwieght, Cardas tonearm wiring and Mapleshade stand

Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid Phonostage with BEL 6922 tubes, Polk Audio LS70's

H.H. Scott 330D AM/FM Tuner with H.H. Scott 335 Multiplex adaptor.