I need a CD player in Indy

Hey guys. I broke out my cd's and I'm now in need of an inexpensive CD player. I've been listening to flax for some time but it can be a pain with the squeezebox duet. I know inexpensive can be relative to a lot of people but something near 100 bucks would be great. I'm in Indianapolis so anybody close would be especially great :-)

Thanks!

David
I like to listen, tinker, listen and repeat.

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,647
    edited November 2016
    What's the rest of your system? If you don't need anything fancy any cheap CD player or DVD will work. Probably pick one up at Goodwill for next to nothing...
  • Bigbang
    Bigbang Posts: 233
    Honestly. That's what everyone say until they go to a goodwill. I'm looking for something that has been taken care of and not trashed. Thanks for your reply.
    I like to listen, tinker, listen and repeat.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,527
    Bigbang wrote: »
    Honestly. That's what everyone say until they go to a goodwill. I'm looking for something that has been taken care of and not trashed. Thanks for your reply.

Why not just buy a cheap DVD or blu Ray player? Those can be found NEW at frys for around that and they will play CDs too
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,968
    Accessories4less has several for $20-50 over your budget, brand new or refurbished with warranty. That might be ur best best for a dedicated CD player.

I will say that it my experience the onkyos are pretty flat sounding, but so are cheap DVD and blu Ray players...

I have also found the duet a little frustrating, but the standard squeezebox much less so, so that's another option.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    I have a Pioneer BDP 320 collecting dust, it's a BDP but does well on cd's also.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,021
    If none of the above works out, PM me and I can send you one from the stockpile in the basement for the cost of postage.

fine phalanx of odds & ends downstairs.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,636
    I have a couple I am not using. I sent you a PM. Let em know if you are interested.