A Legend...Leon Russell...RIP dies@age 74

A legend of not only his own, but a pioneer in rock music and song writer for some of the best
RIP
2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Yeah. Dang. Another "Class of '74" rock 'n' roller. Gone.

:(

https://youtu.be/ACwQrvngAyQ
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Was posted in Club house site.

November 13
    Wow. I had the chance to see him in the mid '70s when he was the band leader of Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs tour and was the 1st time I saw a guy multi task. He played a baby grand piano, and then strapped on a old Black Les Paul. More recently I saw him open for Hot Tuna (Dec14) playing only a white baby Yamaha and then he opened for them again a year later(July 15) and sounded great. He looked very frail walked w/ a cane when couldn't otherwise walk used a scooter to get around. Besides all that I just played a Glen Campbell album and he produced a few of the songs. To end this there was a Joe Bonamasa concert from the Greek Theater in L.A. on MTV LIVE and he ended the show w/ a long incredibly beautiful version of Hummingbird.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc