anybody tried these yet?

Options
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGICCARR&opt=4107|4111

Just checking seems pretty cheap interconnects all things considered. Cardas is well known for his copper and it seems to be on par or better than the Japanese PCOCC.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Nope, haven't tried them. Have heard some of Cardas's lower lines though and was not impressed so take that for what it's worth and a grain of salt.

To me anyway, Cardas and most all brands don't start showing that seperation between brands SQ until you start hitting midway into their lines.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    edited November 2016
    Options
    can you (and I really, really don't mean this provocatively) quantify "not impressed" for my frame of reference?

to wit: "Cardas' lower lines" vs. generic?

This is a totally serious question (even though it smacks of trollery!); I have no idea; the answer could be that the Cardas lower end line(s) are a total waste of money vs. the $1 cables (in terms of incremental value), or they're at par, or the Cardas could sound worse than the generic benchmark (all, of course, with respect to your audition).

The problem for me is that I have very limited no ears-on data; I run with a crowd that just doesn't get much excited about wire, so I haven't (necessarily) heard all that many different things. Let's put it this way, when the local gurus have a shindig, none of them seems to be paying too much attention to what brand/model of cables are involved. This does not mean they're not using good stuff -- it does mean that the wires are never the focal point for that gang.

This is the kind of stuff these guys pay attention to:

rgcxmm2bt9t3.jpg
    lw5jtmtibekd.jpg
    cfdy9w3bv6ha.jpg
    02396e7geptm.jpg
    f3zksnwmw69y.jpg
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well Mark, everything in Audio has series or "lines". Speakers, are probably the most notable. Take Polk for example, Polk speakers come in lines that offer an improvement as you step up to each series.

Cables are no different. However the lower lines may or may not seem to many as that big of an improvement over their generic stuff they currently use. Not always the case, but generally speaking. Once you start moving up to the midline series, audible differences become much more apparent.

Just because a name brand attaches their name to something is no guarantee they will sound good, especially the more expensive brands that attach their names to cheaper products. You get what you pay for.

I've had entry level cables from Kimber, Audioquest, DH labs, and many others which I would rather use them to hold up my tomatoes than use for audio.

I might also add, if your using generic cables on that fine TT and tube gear you posted, your not hearing everything those pieces have to offer.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable