Looking for a set of LSI9"s

Options
WWA
WWA Posts: 32
edited November 2016 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
If someone has a set of these for sale let me know . Local Houston area would be great and I will travel a couple of hours for a set . Having a set shipped is also ok .

Comments

• jghglofer
    Options
    have a set of Ebonys for sale really clean cabinets. never really used them bought them used and had some resistors replace. before I started using them I bought me a set of LSIM last year when they had them on sale. asking 500 + shipping
  • WWA
    Options
    I'll send you a message
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Pretty slick way to circumvent the rules fellas...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • WWA
    Options
    I thought the rules stated you could not post in the FS classifieds with less than 100 posts , did not know the same applied for WTB .
  • WWA
    Options
    Also am still looking , the set offered is out of my budget of 500 or less including shipping .
  • rooftop59
    edited November 2016
    Options
    per the rules: "Being able to offer items for sale or trade is considered, by its membership, to be an earned privilege. To earn this privilege a member must accumulate at least 100 meaningful posts before he is permitted to offer anything for sale or for trade."

@jghglofer was offering to sell to you, which is a clear violation. But the rules have always been a bit fuzzy in the WTB section...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • WWA
    Options
    Understood , thanks for the post , I am looking for a nice set within my budget and would prefer to buy from a forum or local instead of Ebay which I am watching also , I seem to get a more comfortable feeling when buying from a forum , I also have the same WTB posted on AudioKarma which I am more active over there but have done more reading than posting on this forum .
  • jghglofer
    Options
    not trying to cause problems just seen where he was looking to buy and I had a set that I am not using if need be block post. just tring to help a forum member
  • rooftop59
    Options
    So the OP needs to live and Boston and Orange County to have his pick lol...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • WWA
    Options
    Thanks for the links , not sure about a out of state CL deal though . I think I have a set in the works , just waiting on some details and some pictures . If this works out I will post that I'm no longer in search of . Looking forward to giving a set a listen .
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    I'll buy a set again some day.

Lsi9 are one of my faves just because of sentimental value
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • WWA
    Options
    No reason to be sorry , I appreciate the links . I have bought off CL out of state once , the item was damaged in shipping because of only a fair packing job and USPS mishandling , I did eventually get my funds back but kind of put me off doing that again and I think most CL sellers don't want to ship . I feel dealing with forum members FS offerings is better because most of the time they will ship and have done so before plus they will take the time to package an item the way it's supposed to be .
  • WWA
    Options
    I don't have a Mac , but will be using a Aragon 4004mkii or a Kenwood M2a . I know they like and need power , I used to run some SDA's I had with a M2
  • WWA
    Options
    Looks like I'm still in search of , the person who contacted me with a set decided to hold onto them for a little while longer .
  • WWA
    Options
    No longer in search of