Monitor 7C

Options
I picked up a nice pair of one owner 7C's yesterday evening. I have wanted a set and I had never heard this model before. I am really impressed how well these perform.

These are keepers.
2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.

Comments

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Could be your lucky day.I happen to have a set to trade for a certain Marantz you happen to have. :p
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • WTS
    WTS Posts: 170
    Options
    I like mine, which I bought new 31 years ago. I modded them. They sound good -- not as good as a pair of LSiM703 speakers that I've listened to recently, but still pretty darned good.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I've got some 7A's at home....
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    Could be your lucky day.I happen to have a set to trade for a certain Marantz you happen to have. :p
    DSkip wrote: »
    I still want a set of those to pass through, but I haven't been so lucky yet.

... ;)

Some guy named Matthew built them, according to legend of course.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Nice pick up. I have 3 sets of 7's, trying to decide which set to fully mod. Are you planning on upgrading yours?

I will certainly upgrade. I did both my m10's and my SDA-2B's.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.