My two 5.25 speakers do not work on my rtia9... somebody know why?

Options
all the 7 inchs work and the tweeter to.

Best Answer

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    edited October 2016 Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you pulled the cross over? Look for brown or discoloration or post pictures of it if your not sure. Have you checked the wires going to the drivers?

Answers

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Check to make sure the straps between the binding posts are tight
  • Dany
    Dany Posts: 7
    Options
    I have not pulled the cross over but will do that and post a picture..Thanks
  • Dany
    Options
    I have remove the straps because the speakers are biamplified
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Using an AVR? If so, they are not bi-amped.

Your problem can only be a few things. Blown drivers, bad crossover components or a loose connection.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Dany
    Options
    @F1nut i think it's the cross over.. i have to remove it to see. What can make burn a crossover?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    In most cases, a heated/cracked/burnt sand cast resistor
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Dany
    Options
    @DSkip the cable are correct..I already did the test..Thanks
  • Dany
    Options
    @pitdogg2 ok..now i'm trying to remove the cross over from my rti. I have remove the 4 screws but i can't pull more than 1 inch. probably the speaker wires retain it.Do i have to remove all the speakers and disconect them??? excuse my english,i'm french. I hope you understand me.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    Dany wrote: »
    @pitdogg2 ok..now i'm trying to remove the cross over from my rti. I have remove the 4 screws but i can't pull more than 1 inch. probably the speaker wires retain it.Do i have to remove all the speakers and disconect them??? excuse my english,i'm french. I hope you understand me.

you may have to. I do not know for sure as I have not been in those speakers. Most speakers have enough wire to pull out more than that. Best bet is to label and disconnect the wires from speakers and remove the XO
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    The wires are soldered to the crossover board and there isn't much slack, so yes, you will have to disconnect the wires at the drivers to remove the binding post plate/crossover.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Dany
    Options
    @F1nut @pitdogg2 ok..now i have remove the xover from my tower and i can't see anything burn.. i have call polk audio for a new xover because i still think it's the problem. I made a lot of the test with the speakers and they seem good.