FS: Musical Fidelity CD Pre24 ~ reference grade preamp and redbook in one

hey guys, Didn't think this was something I'd ever sell. This preamp is one of the nicest I've ever had in my home (and I've had a lot, including ones much costlier). For thoe familiar with the Nu-Vista line of Musical Fidelity, this pre shares the circuitry, DAC, and components of that line. This has the copper chassis, aluminum face and steel housing that makes for a dead silent and clean noise floor. It is quite heavy. At $3200, this piece was a great deal for the level it achieves.

The sound profile is neutral with extended top and bottom end, but finely detailed. It presents a very spacious but precise soundfield.

The CD player built int this unit is truly reference quality (as is the preamp), and not some afterthought. The DAC implementation is outstanding, truly the finest 24-bit implementation I've heard, and made streaming Tidal sound identical to playing the CD itself.

There is also a tape/monitor loop so you can make perfect 24/192 upsampled recordings of your vinyl collection. A very interesting feature, indeed.

All said, this is a sad day for me, but a great opportunity for you all. I have the original box and packing material, printed manual, and remote control. I will be letting this go for $1100 shipped. that's a couple hundred less than I'm asking on Craigslist, and I will cover the fully insured shipping. 0dafacz0nq18.jpg
bs1v173t3lbw.jpg
ffupm9cfgkxl.jpg
zengnr1kukry.jpg
5vhi3sz2o1vk.jpg
c6nnm1lt0yp7.jpg

design is where science and art break even.

Comments

• newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    Because I know there will be someone who asks, the reason for sale is that I am funding a new business endeavor. Sacrifices I hope pay off some day. Anyway, hope someone here can take advantage of the opportunity for this amazing piece of equipment.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Nice looking piece of gear! I never even knew a CD/Pre existed, much less with Musical Fidelity...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • newrival
    Yeah, when I purchased it, I already had a fantastic cd player. The fact that you can do away with a set of interconnects and improve the sonic characteristics by making the transport integral just makes the benefits obvious.

I'm going to miss this pre very much.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    Grab that, then get the matching A308 power amp and you'd have a very sweet rig.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    That's a GREAT deal.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • newrival
    Yeah it's pretty crazy the value. If a person had even $1500 to spend on a preamp and CDP, they'd be hard-pressed to find something that would approach this quality
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I have and seen this unit. It is a fantastic sounding unit and newral keeps his equipment in great condition. Trusted seller here.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • newrival
    hey there! It's been a while. hope things have been well your way. Lots of changes here since I saw you last.
  • erniejade
    It's going good. Got the small den figured out and now going to work on the digital end ( flac dsd). It's never ending.

Folks, this unit honestly is really nice looking and sounding. I have heard it with legacy focus ( still my fave) and Emerald Physics speakers. Newrival had a cd player shootout a while back and it the cd section held its own and surpassed units costing just has much as this preamp cd dac combo! It is truly a great price for what you get here.

Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • newrival
    bump for turkey day
  • Is this still available?
  • newrival
    Yes it is
  • erniejade
    I am surprised this is still here. It is a wonderful unit.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    $28....PM me for my shipping address. Thanks.
  • newrival
    Still available. I will do an early Christmas sale for Polkies. $1000 shipped. I'll keep it for less. This is a crazy price for this level of performance.
  • "There is also a tape/monitor loop so you can make perfect 24/192 upsampled recordings of your vinyl collection. A very interesting feature, indeed."

You do any A to D conversion off this unit @newrival :*
  • newrival
    Sorry I missed this question, but I did do a recording of Dave Brubeck - Take Five onto a mini disc/dat recorder at a colleagues house. That was my only experience, but it came out sounding just like the album
  • newrival
    Bump for the new year

$1000 shipped and insured. that includes double boxing
  • newrival
    how is this still here? Someone is really missing out
  • newrival
    Had a buyer but they backed out for financial reasons, so back on sale it goes.
    $1000 and this will be in the mail to you double-boxed and insured within 24 hours
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    newrival wrote: »
    0dafacz0nq18.jpg
    ffupm9cfgkxl.jpg

There is something magical about the beauty of Musical Fidelity equipment.

This piece is really nice looking. I want to say handsome, but I have to imagine its gender is more in line with a beautiful sailboat - "she".

Harry - GA
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • erniejade
    It sounds even better then it looks!! Again, I have heard this unit a few times. It is a wonderful sounding unit.
  • newrival
    Hey guys, one last price drop here $950 shipped, double boxed, insured, and with the upgraded power cord (i think it's Signal Cable)
  • newrival
    SOLD