Amp

Options
Looking for a decent amp for around $200 or less. Any number of channels 2 and above. Need for secondary system.

Thanks.

Comments

• quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Options
    Dave not sure if you have any interest but I have a couple audiosource amps that I bought off here years ago. Your more than welcome to try them out if you like. They can be bridged.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    Thanks Andy. May be a little under powered for my needs.

I have another interesting offer, anyone else?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    @scubalab ........
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I have a very nice ROTEL RB-980X, two bills plus 3% paypal and actual shipping from 43228. I start vacation Wednesday so if interested I wont be back until the 25th.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Dan - I did see this, but I couldn't let mine go for $200.

Dave, I'll PM you with what I have, but I think it's going to be out of your price point.
  • Easy Runnin
    Options
    I have an integrated NAD 317 if you are interested
    HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Not meaning to step on any toes, but @scubalab you've got mail.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • daboyz
    Options
    Skip offered it to me before he put it back on the market. Very tempting. I've gotten a few very nice offers and am currently banging my head against the wall trying to decide.

I want to damn Al to hell for bringing up the B&K. ;) I'm seriously drooling over that amp right now.
  • daboyz
    Options
    I have an integrated NAD 317 if you are interested

Thanks so much but an integrated won't work in my situation
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Dave - LOL; I actually didn't want to tempt you because I figured it might be a bit beyond your budget. And if your like me, restraint goes out the window when I see something I like. But once I realized I caught your attention, it sure has been fun teasing you with the pics of the amp... Muwahaha! >:)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Hehehehe.... I just sit back and watch the events I set in motion unfold.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)