Robert Plant on PBS Austin City Limits

Options
Anybody know if this in on tonight, (October 14) and if so, what time on PBS? I heard it starts tonight and will be re-run

Comments

• littlewoodboats
    littlewoodboats Posts: 823
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Here the new episodes of ACL are brodcast Saturday on PBS at 10:00pm. Rebroadcast Sunday evening also at 10:00pm This is for Dish Network anyway
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Go to PBS.org...They have every broadcast of Austin City Limits..I've looked at a few of them..
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Options
    the picture with that particular band is a fine show.

The latest plant show I saw on pbs was by far the best, sorta r&b, and country influenced, great band, The show is called "Robert Plant and his band of joy"
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    the picture with that particular band is a fine show.

The latest plant show I saw on pbs was by far the best, sorta r&b, and country influenced, great band, The show is called "Robert Plant and his band of joy"

That was with Buddy Miller on guitar, fantastic musician. Check him out.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Yeah Buddy Miller is fantastic. He's produced a lot of other musicians' stuff too. His wife Julie Miller has a great CD called Pretty Things I think it is.
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Options
    queens of stone age for full hour was excellent, as was a full hour of Iggy with queens playing songs from the album he made with josh home, his influence was right there in the songs, Iggy seemed invigorated, and the songs were very good
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Plant and the band were great. He's still got a really good voice.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    I recorded it on the dvr, but the dvr just took a dump and I lost it. Hopefully they will rebroadcast it at some point.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    bd5mrc1knqwp.jpg

This edition of Plant fronting his Sensational Space Shifters released "Lullaby and the Ceaseless Roar" last year. Tracks from this release were at the heart of this ACL episode. The CD is very well recorded... very interesting music... well worth the price of admission.

Interesting sidenote... Due to travel I caught this ACL episode in different markets in addition to my local PBS affiliate. Apparently each did it's own edit to fit their hour long time slot. Never occurred to me that would be their practice...

More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD