Congrats Mr. Zimmerman................

Options
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• whgarrett1394
    Options
    G.O.A.T.
    KEF Q50 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, Marantz SR6007 pre, Emotiva UPA-700, Pioneer DV-46AV, Samsung BD-j7500, Sunfire HRS12 subwoofer
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    Options
    what a mindfunk, eh?
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    The Great One!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    The Great One!

I thought that was Gleason ;)

Gleason_02%20copy.jpg?height=400&width=393

ahem... back on topic :P
    Someone at aa had this response to a post on Mr. Zimmerman's good fortune:
    Too bad no one will understand his acceptance speech.
    http://www.audioasylum.com/members/mgeneral/messages/25/257322.html

That is true at so many levels (assuming Zimmy even shows up/accepts the award).
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2016
    Options
    A bunch of aging white guys gathered around one of those, mostly obsolete spinners, with their 60's and 70's collections, turned to each other and cried out:

mdbxm682c8p6.jpg

A moment of Nobel Brilliance? You decide!
    Bob.jpg 110.6K
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    I'm a Dylan fan and he has written some interesting lyrics over the years. My problem with this award to him is that I thought the Nobel prize was for recent accomplishments. This is sort of like somebody getting the lifetime achievement award and there are certainly much more deserving writers of recent history.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Perhaps before Dylan, consideration should have been given to Gil Scott-Heron ?
    "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised".

What a masterpiece.
    ..... and I'll shut up. o:)
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Perhaps before Dylan, consideration should have been given to Gil Scott-Heron ?
    "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised".

What a masterpiece.
    ..... and I'll shut up. o:)

True.

I think about that piece whenever we're treated to smartphone footage of... uprisings. When the f e c e s really acquire angular momentum ("hit the fan" -- get it), don't be counting on real-time twitter coverage.

there's also the Steampunk variation, though...

E97F7603.jpg
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    ^^Brilliant.

There's another tribute version on YT called, "The Revolution Will Not Be Digitized".
    It is a poetic work of art also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdWFvaPEjJ4

..... and I'm stepping ..... away ..... from ............. the keyboard ........ o:)

Sal Palooza
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited October 2016
    Options
    To bad no one will understand the acceptance speech is right, I haven't been able to understand anything after Time Out Of Mind, yet I keep buying the new releases.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2016
    Options
    He (Dylan) coulda writ 'n' recorded naught but "Desolation Row", and I'd still view him as a major contributor to the ethos of the "modern era". Just thought I'd mention that.

https://youtu.be/35gheud5xBo

https://youtu.be/SKglmptMuaI