Finally got grills for my RTA11TLs

Options
After looking for months and months some grills finally popped up on Ebay. Screamed take my money and sent funds through paypal. Time to finally get these speakers finished.
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    Congrats on the find. Persistence can pay off.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Excellent
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    Congrats those are some sweet speakers.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Awesome dude, put up some pics.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Have to get some guides for when the grills come in on Tuesday. Should I do close to original parts express guides or magnet guides?

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Have to get some guides for when the grills come in on Tuesday. Should I do close to original parts express guides or magnet guides?

The PA guide/clips fit perfectly. They have two sizes as I recall. Just measure the diameter of the ones on there now.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • codycatalist
    Options

The PA guide/clips fit perfectly. They have two sizes as I recall. Just measure the diameter of the ones on there now.

Sweeeeet. I've read somewhere (although a different model) that they needed to drill the hole a bit. I will check em out and hopefully get them on this weekend or next week....not a fan of having no grills with children, cats and a dog running around ha!

• HzTweaker
    Options
    You got to admit that they look loud with the covers off though.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • codycatalist
    Options
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    You got to admit that they look loud with the covers off though.

Oh and they do. At least this way I have a choice ha!

• codycatalist
    Options
    xeenn9rrn13c.jpg
    b31xrrrmevf6.jpg

The grills arrived! Got them on there (using wood pegs till the guides come in) but they are almost finished! Although not perfectly timbre matched my HT is almost done.

• skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,338
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am using a CS250-S center that matches pretty well with the RTA-11TL with the RDO-198 tweeters.

In spite of being made several years after S8 and S4 were discontinued, the CS250-s matches very well with them as they use a nearly identical tweeter. But I really like my RTA-11TL's.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • codycatalist
    edited October 2016
    Options
    skrol wrote: »
    I am using a CS250-S center that matches pretty well with the RTA-11TL with the RDO-198 tweeters.

In spite of being made several years after S8 and S4 were discontinued, the CS250-s matches very well with them as they use a nearly identical tweeter. But I really like my RTA-11TL's.

Yeah I love them with HT duty, they really rounded out the sound IMO. I know the surrounds don't need to be timbre matched as much as the center, been on the hunt for a new one at a great deal for a bit now.

I think the center you are speaking of is the same as I have. Mine has a blown driver so I unplugged it internally, just not as loud as I would want it to be with taking center speaker role.

• HzTweaker
    Options
    Good deal. Where did you get your guides from?
  • codycatalist
    Options
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    Good deal. Where did you get your guides from?

I got the small tree lock grill guides on parts express. They have fins on them I had to compress then tapped em in with a hammer gently. The female pieces didn't fit as I didn't want to drill but they stay in just fine.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,452
    Options
    Cody, was that guy selling the crossovers too?
    I disabled signatures.
  • codycatalist
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well they were from an ad for just the 11T model however if those will still work.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Polk-Audio-Monitor-RTA-11T-Crossover-Network-Excellent-Condition-/142142476459?nav=SEARCH