Rolling Stones - Back to the blues with new album

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Yes indeed, for a variety of reasons I am also looking forward to this. Some of my favorite Stones stuff is blues obviously, although I still wish they'd've brought Mick Taylor in for some of the sessions as definitely my favorite Stones blues material included him. On a side note, I also wanted to see the Havana film in a theater, maybe I'll still be able to do so, and as much as I realize the Havana thing was created as a marketing opportunity with associated DVD/BD sales etc, I'll still probably pick up the BD eventually. The Stones still bring it to the table, even though its turned into sort of a parody of themselves I still give them respect. I saw them about ten years ago at Soldier Field playing outside during a freak blizzard. Most other bands would've cut their set list way short or flat out cancelled, the Stones toughed it out. Elvis Costello opened and played a full opening set to hardly anybody. People started coming in for the Stones dressed in blaze orange deer hunting jackets, it looked like a December Packer/Bears game. Wind and snow was blowing sideways and about 32 degrees. Frickin' amazing show of intent and guts from the Stones. I once read Keith saying the Stones never didn't put on the show. I think maybe they cancelled one show in their whole career or something. They won't be around all that much longer, in the scheme of things. I'm enjoying them, looking forward to the blues album, and hoping Don Was did a fantastic job on the production side of things.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Yep..blues covers..should be right up there seeing that's where their roots are..Heard Clapton will be on a few tracts with em...
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Clapton yes no Mick Taylor, to bad it would of been great if Taylor would of been involved, I'm sure it's better than A Bigger Bang though!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Clapton yes no Mick Taylor, to bad it would of been great if Taylor would of been involved, I'm sure it's better than A Bigger Bang though!

Agree 100% with that..Their work with Taylor was the apex of their career...in my humble opinion of course.....
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Hoping they release it as a high-res download. Or at least, a decent CD quality mastering.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.