Sid the Kid.

Options
Real short. Married. Accident. Pray for the both of them. Not life threatening. Just pray for a speedy recovery.

That is all. Peace out.

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    Options
    I am a man of few words going to bed, admitted. However, the marriage was NOT the accident. They recently got T-boned @ 60 mph. Sorry for any confusion.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm assuming you are speaking of Trey and his newly wed, am I correct Tom???

Prayers for speedy recovery

--Ron

**Edited**
    This would be VR3 and his recently wedded wife, ladies and gents
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    Options
    Yes sir.

Tom
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Prayers on the way.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Hope all is well. Many fond memories of Sid the Kid AKA VMXstyler or some some such evolving into VR3
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Trey and Mrs. Trey, I hope you're back in action soon!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hey guys, I appreciate the well wishes, everything is ok on this end. I just have some stiffness and soreness along with some limited movements in my right shoulder. Just had to take the last days a little easier than normal. He hit us between the b pillar and rear passenger seats on the driver side. I had pulled into the intersection on a green light and about six seconds into the other parties red light, he plowed into us, spun us around into the intersection. We were both conscious and were taken to the hospital for evaluation then released a few hours later.

Will keep you guys posted if anything changes, it takes alot to slow me down :P

My wife is ok, she just needed some stitches and had a mild concussion along with some neck and hip soreness
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Options
    That sucks, was the other guy impaired?
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • VR3
    Options
    Not to my knowledge, he did not have a license. He was driving a 1500 chevy van that belonged to a painting company.

Here are some pictures, the rear passenger seat looks like an accordion 5-6" into the vehicle and it rolled the base of the uni-body.

itlv31hdojhx.jpgnu8bd4cfcmpm.jpg
    p7omyxdtpfrm.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Glad everyone was ok. Could have been much worse.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    From the looks of things and the way you describe it. The Sonata did a good job of protecting you. Best wishes on the new marriage and a speedy recovery. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Looks like the Hyundai held up well considering what hit it. Wishing a speedy recovery to you both.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • VR3
    Options
    Thanks guys, yes, the Sonata did a fantastic job on the side impact. If I had been going a little slower or him a little faster and he had hit my door head on, it would be a different situation so we are both very lucky. I believe with him hitting the back half of the car, a lot of the inertia from the crash resulted in us spinning versus a more centered hit would have pushed us down the highway and potentially into a median or another car.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Glad you and the wife are OK Trey. Don't be too quick to sign off on a settlement though, sometimes problems surface down the road that aren't apparent today....medically speaking.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • VR3
    Options
    I agree, we are meeting with an attorney Thursday and a follow up to the doctor on Thursday, taking every precaution I can on this.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope this is the last one of those for you two. o:)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Wow! Glad y'all are OK. Call if ya need anything.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    He needs a new car Russ, by the looks of it. Help a brother out and Hotwire one on the way back home. I know that's more up my alley, but your closer. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm glad you're both okay, that's what's important.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    I'm so glad you're OK! Still praying for you though. It's what I do.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    Glad everyone is ok, very scary. Be aware of the after affects of a crash like that. Don't sign off on anything with the insurance co. until you know 100% for sure there are no lingering issues.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    Glad everyone is OK Trey but heck that is one heck of a wedding present you could do without.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    I remember his mom drove him to his first Polkfest. A lot of life happened between then and now! Prayers on the way...
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Glad you are OK bubba.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    That turned out better than the condition of the car would lead one to believe.

Glad you're ok. I'll bet the car gets written off. If it doesn't, I'd unload it.

Also, congrats on the wedding! I don't remember reading about it but then again, I don't have as much time to follow things here anymore.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Glad to hear you're ok. It looks as though the Sonata did it's job and then some in protecting you.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Glad you're ok, be well
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Trey.... PM me if you have questions.... I know a bit in this particular area.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    I'm glad you and your wife are ok Trey, and congrats on the marriage, when did that happen?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Options
    You guys are incredibly lucky, being T-Boned at 60 mph usually ends up with serious injures. Go buy a lottery ticket and re-insert the horse shoe.

Good to hear you guys are OK.

Cheers