Bob Dylan 36 CD 1966 Live Recordings box set announced

pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,163
edited September 2016 in Music & Movies
http://bobdylan.shop.musictoday.com/page/LiveRecordings

Just announced today...Bob Dylan 1966 Live Recordings, a 36 CD box set of his 1966 tour with members of The Band. Priced very reasonably at $149 for 36 CDs. Available Nov. 11.

This looks great and, while the set lists are almost identical for each show, Dylan is one of those artists (like the Grateful Dead) who never played the same song the same way from concert to concert.

The Steve Hoffman website already has over 25 pages of posts about this release as well as the set list for each show.

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I suppose this has something to do with losing the rights to the music if not published within 50 years? I'm a Dylan fanatic and that's a lot even for me. Wasn't my favorite period,but there's gonna be some great stuff on there. I wish they'd put out something like that from the 2000-2001 period, that's my favorite period. I'll also need to check out the Steve Hoffman site. For those of you who don't know Dylan's work ethic, he's one of the hardest working musicians out there. Yes, he reinvents his songs continually. You never know what to expect. Once I saw a five-night stand in Chicago and the first three nights he played 53 different songs.