David Bowie - Who Can I Be Now, 74-76

As some of you may know, David Bowie's catalog is being remastered and made available for download. I just downloaded Who Can I Be Now from HD Tracks which covers albums from 74-76. It includes Diamond Dogs, David Live (my favorite), The Gouster, Young Americans, and Station To Station remastered to 192/24.

I don't remember The Gouster, but the rest I used to have on vinyl, and they have many great songs.

I have a DVD-Audio version of David Live, and while I remember loving the vinyl, the DVD-Audio version was hard to listen to due to the electrical buzz recorded at the time. While the buzz is still there, it is cleaned up on the 192/24 download. My stereo is very detailed in its sound. If something is in the song then you will hear it. Now you really have to listen to pick up the buzz versus having it shoved into your ears as with the DVD-Audio release. Anyway, thank the 'verse as this album rocks. :)

http://www.hdtracks.com/catalog/product/view/id/348989/
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2016
    Have to take a look at that! Thanks. I was a very early fan of DB, probably the first in my cohort. But then again, I have a kind of depressive/cynical/sarcastic demeanor and I've NEVER grown up! lol Grown ups are so terribly boring and SAFE! They retire early, are far too concerned with "taxes", and, worst of all, they renounce ALL the ideals of their youth (and then they lecture everyone else on this?)! lol

There is some interesting early Bowie. Have you heard IMAGES '66-'67? I have the LPs, NOT because I am a vinyl guy, but because I am that old! Thank god I can still talk to my 19 year old daughter and she doesn't think I'm some old dinosaur who's time has past!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]