Is it ok to run cable outside?

Options
I have a situation where my room is on a concrete slab and I want to run RCA cable between a couple of components (and maybe some speaker wire) that are on either side of a fireplace. The build out and raised hearth are both stone and the floor has wall to wall carpet. I currently run the cable under the carpet (that I’m getting ready to replace). The RCA does not turn corners well, It looks messy and I’ve already had an issue where the carpet tack has pierced a cable. I was thinking of running conduit on the exterior wall around the fireplace. I’m also considering running a dedicated line this way as well.

Is this a good idea or a bad one? Is it ok to run all these cables in one piece of conduit or should I separate the AC line? Should I run single cable lengths or should I install wall plates. Will condensation be an issue? What else should I be concerned about? What do you think?
HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5

Comments

• trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options
    Running cables outside within a conduit shouldnt be an issue.
    Just dont run high and low voltage lines together.
    With good connection, wall plates is not an issue.

Most important: Make sure you are following building codes in your county.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    A/C needs to be separate & preferably some distance away from the line level signals. Though what you are proposing will work, I'm not a fan of making extra holes in a building's envelope. Since you are pulling up the carpet anyway, what about cutting a trench & running the conduit in the slab? Might be a bit extreme, but would be a more proper way of doing it. Other option would be to go up through the walls & back down. What is above the room? Make sure there are no water/gas or other lines in the slab before you cut!