Pioneer dv-09 DVD-CD player 200$plus actual ship from 30555

Options
scottyboy76
scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
edited September 2016 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
A sweet vintage disc player beautiful polished rosewood sides, urushi finish, unit has a couple blemishes, very slight, looks and operates great, and has a hell of a cool factor, I mean you just don't see many 40 lb. disc playersltbthz0dok1p.jpg

I can get better pics if anyone is interested.wyj3rdqy9ls7.jpg

ivy6q324ozfw.jpg
snbshk175mbl.jpg
humpty dumpty was pushed

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Options
    Nice! That comes from a time when even the biggest of the electronics companies piled pride and R&D into their line and weren't afraid to put out top quality gear. GLWTS
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • scottyboy76
    Options
    Thank you sir, I had its twin, the laserdisc player, put it on amazon prime late one night at a hefty price, was going to put it on here the next morning, by then someone had bought it and the funds were in my account.

still need to sell the roughly 60 laserdisks, just not looking forward to documenting the titles
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • telemike
    telemike Posts: 115
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    does it play SACD?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I miss the rosewood side panels. I hated when Pioneer Stopped using them.
    This is one hell of a killer vintage piece of gear. Love it man.
    I got my eye on it for sentimental value alone. I use to Install these when they where new.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • scottyboy76
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    does it play SACD?

I don't think it does, I don't have any sacds but I will try to look that info up
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    does it play SACD?

Negative. DVD, CD and CD-Video only.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • scottyboy76
    Options
    does it play SACD?
    Apparently not, I looked on the pio page and a couple review sites and they did not list it.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • scottyboy76
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    I miss the rosewood side panels. I hated when Pioneer Stopped using them.
    This is one hell of a killer vintage piece of gear. Love it man.
    I got my eye on it for sentimental value alone. I use to Install these when they where new.

Get your other eye on it too you sentimental son of a gun
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • scottyboy76
    edited September 2016
    Options
    BTW any of the little white spots in the photos are dust either on the unit or the camera, none of the wood, or flat areas of front, top, or back have any blemis.

The blemishes I spoke of are on the sharp edge along where the top and face plate meet, the wide shiny are in the middle is a reflection.

They are tiny areas wher the black has been rubbed against or something along that sharp edge where the front and top edge are.

They are tiny, and could look like a shiny spot on that vrease, or a slight touch on the edge there could make them disappear and it would not be noticeable
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    All you need to see to know this is a flagship unit is the "-09" designation. This player was top of the Pioneer food chain in 1999 and cost $2,000 new. Built when Pioneer still had the desire to manufacture a true "flagship".
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    does it play SACD?

Negative. DVD, CD and CD-Video only.

thanks Ryan
  • scottyboy76
    Options
    price drop to 125 dollars, copper chassis and all.
    humpty dumpty was pushed