Personal Home Theater build, updated whenever

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Trey should know by now that one good, long screw is better than several short, quick ones. Perhaps he needs a stud finder.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    lol!

Those are all 1' 3/4" and hitting some real lumber! :-D
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2017
    My wife tells me that 1 3/4 would not have been enough to get the job done....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    Its not the size... its the quality, texture and skill set level
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2017
    quality takes time. Any wife will tell you that. The neighborhood handiman has to pay a visit if you screw hangs up and usually while you are at work.

• VR3
    4dzbbtrjkd00.jpg
    One coat - still hung up on this wall, lots of corners and such
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I bet your biceps are massive from using a drill press to install drywall... ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Be sure you use the green lid compound for the top coat. If you don't know the lightweight compound with the blue lid has styrofoam in it. It is a pia to sand and often gets pin holes. It's perfectly fine for the first few heavy coats because it drys faster since it has less water but use the green lid all purpose compound for the top.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • VR3
    edited February 2018
    Wife wanted the kitchen first, hang some cabinets next week

19iytaidzc1l.jpg

i1ksncevdne5.jpg

• VR3
    The yellow wire will be an arc fault circuit, will string plug mold across the bottom of the cabinets, will have about fifty outlets
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    VR3 wrote: »
    The yellow wire will be an arc fault circuit, will string plug mold across the bottom of the cabinets, will have about fifty outlets
    I'm sorry, what? Seriously 50 outlets in your kitchen??
  • VR3
    It's plug mold, they go along the bottom of the upper cabinets. About an outlet every 3 inches... Will be sweet and you won't see but two outlets
  • VR3
    27cx91bcswch.jpg
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    It's plug mold, they go along the bottom of the upper cabinets. About an outlet every 3 inches... Will be sweet and you won't see but two outlets

Ok, you have officially lost it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I'm sorry, what? Seriously 50 outlets in your kitchen??

LOL Trey does nothing small time you should see his screw allowance....
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Hey I did a similar thing in the garage. Along the bottom.
    56j9so0d5evn.jpg

Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2018
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I'm tempted to respond but I'd better not.

Careful Chester :p
  • VR3
    In my last kitchen me and Russ did this, it was great. Was very easy to plug in appliances like coffee makers and such without having cords everywhere. Wouldn't do it any other way. I also really like the clean back splash look versus having outlets every couple of feet. Only regular outlet is right next to the sink which is a GFI
  • VR3
    9ivy5qi2b428.jpg

That's from the old kitchen
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    edited February 2018
    9ivy5qi2b428.jpg

That's from the old kitchen

Nice wire management. But what's up with the blender wire???
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• mrbiron
    I can only imagine what it's like to live in your house.

One room has been sheetrocked for a year. Possible a couch with plastic on it.
    One room is sheetrocked but the microwave is sitting on the floor.
    One room is just full of inductors/caps/and wreaks of lead.
    The last room has a sink and tub installed while there is only home depot bucket on the floor. The bucket at least has a delrin seat with a little dynomatting to knock down the vibrations...

:D
  • VR3
    Very accurate synopsis. Only thing left would be a recommendation to rotate the mattress. What a stalker lol
  • mrbiron
    Hahaha....that's Mr. Stalker to you good sir.

Fyi, your apples are turning and your fly is down........
  • VR3
    Lol, my house is definitely a construction zone for the last few years
  • VR3
    edited May 2018
    edit
  • VR3
    Down to trimming out, then full speed ahead in the theater...errr... living room

c2rheoyu5q0w.jpg
    icqid4up5o93.jpg
    odwrva29wlwl.jpg
    1rqfk1cm06ut.jpg
    xnlequswvzdt.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Gorgeous tile work on the floor!
  • pitdogg2
    Agree very nice Trey. I bet that was a BEAR to cut and put in.
  • VR3
    Thanks guys!

me and a Buddy came up with that about 6 years ago. This go around I just made any needed repairs and I had to redo the 1/4" of the room where the laundry room use to be...

tz7xmcbvlohp.jpg
    zq64dvdnfbq2.jpg

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Love the cascade countertop. I wanted to do something like that at our house when we remodel but I have a feeling I will be outvoted :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)