Playing with Pioneer CT-M6R

This thing is kind of neat. It holds 6 cassette's and when you hit the random button, it works like a 5 disc cd player and just randomly picks different songs on different cassette's.

Other than the noise it makes when it switches cassette's, it's pretty quiet.

When a song is playing and I hit the ff button, it goes and finds the next song and plays it.

Or, if it was the last song on that side, it automatically goes to the other side and starts playing at the start.

Right now it's Frank Sinatra singing White Christmas. It had 5 cassette's in it when I got it, all old Christmas songs. It plays very well, display/buttons works perfect and hardly a scratch on it.

Other than the standard play, reverse, ff & rewind, it also has a reverse mode button,
dolby B & C, 3-setting timer switch, relay & scan buttons, an all rewind button that rewinds all 6 cassette's to the start on side A, cassette return button that puts the cassette back in the tray. The manual has the original receipt stapled to it.

It was purchased in Indy @ HH gregg on 01-19-91 for $354.98 but it looks like they gave the buyer $40.00 off the price. With the total out the door being $314.99.

Will pop the top, clean the head and do a more detailed cleaning.

A few pics.

diuhvuwoywv8.jpg

xwucohlnbkqs.jpg

mnprlp3ownuj.jpg

4qls8cfrpko1.jpg

Comments

• TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    Cool piece of gear for sure.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I have one that is close to it. I don't recall the model number but, it has the 5 changer plus a single cassette slot.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    What'll they think of next...
  • kharp1 wrote: »

Probably a laser disc...
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    kharp1 wrote: »

Probably a laser disc...

That's just in space age movies, it would never work in real life

• I have the M66R that comes with the remote control
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX