Big score for me yesterday (2) AMPS.

Options
motorhead43026
motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
edited September 2016 in 2 Channel Audio
I went to look and did buy a HCA-1500 yesterday (excellent condition). While there the seller also had a Hafler XL600 in nearly mint condition, so I had to check it out as well. I know what I have with the Parasound not so much with the Hafler. That Hafler is a beast (300W) so I will audition both and probably sell the other. Anybody have any experience with this XL600? I am curious about reliability etc.
2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.

Comments

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,787
    Options
    No i don't. But let your ears be the judge. It is a BEAST though.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    Get the XL600. You won't regret it! It's a beast and a good sounding amp. Fan noise could be a little annoying at time though.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My next amp will have roughly double the power of my current amp (which is no slouch!). Once you've experienced the control, ease and headroom of a big block amp, there's no looking back ;)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    Options
    I have a Trans Nova 9300 that I like, but that's all the experience I have with Hafler.
    I disabled signatures.