FS: Amps, Processors, Speakers, Subs, Players (Revel, Crestron, Oppo, Marantz, Crown, James)

Options
aboroth00
aboroth00 Posts: 1,103
edited September 2016 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Downsizing more gear especially in the HT that barely gets used.

Crestron Procise Proamp 7x250

Up for sale is a beast of an amplifier, I've been using in my HT setup until I decided to dismantle it in favor of less gear. The amp boasts 250 watts/8ohms and 400 watts/4ohms into each of its seven channels. No lack of power with its class D technology. Large caps and a sturdy case makes the amp weigh a whopping 105lb. It doesn't hurt that it also has twin 1kVa transformers either. I had no issues operating the amp with a regular processing (Marantz 7002) since I've owned it. I went from an ATI2004 to this beast and I did not miss a thing. Plenty of power for movies while still staying sweet and warm for music. Pictures of the face is not possible due to the orientation of the amp.

Retailed for 7000. Asking 1200 local pick up in 92121. Shipping is gonna be pricey due to weight.

https://www.crestron.com/products/model/PROAMP
go0sttsdiivi.png
oa6bhg52vdi4.jpgxjciabil3raj.jpg

James Loudspeaker LP4000 Passive Subwoofer

A one off design from James with 4 x 10" subwoofers. Originally retailed for 4000, it surely is a beast. Smooth smooth smooth great for music with its very unique isobaric design. The single EMB1000 (powered 10" version) with a single driver was praised by many for its musicality. Imagine just 4 in a box :). Super sleek too. It has some scuffs from various moves but the faceplate is immaculate.

Asking 800. Local pick up only.

bpkm3k29ir7u.jpg

Marantz AV Processor 7702

Purchased a refurb through A4L about 6 months ago and performed admirably. Has plenty of bells and whistles for HT and still sounded great for music. 1 year warranty for the refurb but it isn't transferrable. Includes the original box and accessories.

Asking 750. Shipping is possible.

58r4zwkja87e.jpg

Oppo 105 Bluray Player

Self explanatory here. Great player all around. I even used this as a preamp for a while to good effect but it's better with another preamp in front of it. Super versatile and build quality and value is through the roof.

Asking 800. Shipping is possible. Pretty sure I have the original box laying around somewhere.

Revel Performa M20

Stereophile Class A bookshelf speakers that were considered the one of best Revel had to offer. They have a open/neutral sound that has great body and dynamics and they sound stage like voodoo. Plenty of bass extension for a bookshelf. Somehow Revel always pull that off. I owned their successor the M22 and their big brother the Revel Gem, and these guys punch pretty darn well.

Sequential serial numbers. These speakers were among the last speakers Revel manufactured in the US.

Prefer local pick up

Asking 650.

9h32wx98ap2l.jpg
e88qcz5h715p.jpg

I also have an Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 1, in great condition no original box. Asking 300.

Crown Drivecore XLS 2500: scuffed up casing but functions perfectly. Asking 250

Crown Drivecore XLS 1000
: One is in good condition, the other excellent. Asking 140 for the good, 150 for the excellent.

If you don't know crown's drivecore amps, you should go find out. Great amps for the money. A touch noisy being pro amps, but with the right speakers they are amazing. My dealer and I compared the XLS 2500 to a top end NAD master digital amp. While the NAD had the warmth and bass edge, the Crown had the clean, effortless sound which I preferred. Not bad for an amp less than a 10th of the price.

The last egg:

Oppo HA-1

Great all around headphone amp with features and specs. Great to use with IEM's and cans of all impedances. No noise, dead quiet operation. I have the original box, remote and BT antenna. Purchased new from an authorized dealer.

Asking 800. Shipping is possible.

cb79nsauudhp.jpg
2Ch Tube Audio Convert

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Hmmmmm....I don't *need* the 7702 or the 105 but I am seriously *wanting* them both...

Let me think on this a day or two but don't hold up another sale on my account.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • jumpindick
    Options
    105 is tempting.. good stuff..glws
  • aboroth00
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Hmmmmm....I don't *need* the 7702 or the 105 but I am seriously *wanting* them both...

Let me think on this a day or two but don't hold up another sale on my account.

Want not need is usually the operative word ;). Let me know brother. I'll have to rummage for the Oppo 105 box. I'm pretty sure I have all the packaging materials so shipping should be easy.

-Will
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    I have long been curious about those Crown amplifiers -- unique opportunity to fiddle with one for a good price, so I'm a-sendin' a PM to the OP.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Where is local for the pickup items? I may be Interested in the Crown amps depending on what Mr Hardy is planning...

Thanks,
    -Al
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited September 2016
    Options
    He's in the Cali/San Diego area.

And F* it... PM sent for giggles...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • aboroth00
    Options
    He's in the Cali/San Diego area.

And F* it... PM sent for giggles...

Correct indeed! I'm in the San Diego/UTC area. All Pm's replied :smile:
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    Those on the fence, I will tell you that I've seen / heard much of this gear, and all is very well cared for. If I didn't have 3 college kids I'd have claimed much of what Will has for sale. The Revel Ultimas, 7702 and Subs to start with.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • scubalab
    Options
    Do it Derek! I have the same processor in my HT. Bought it refurbished from A4L as well. Quite a capable HT pre and a heck of a deal here!
  • scubalab
    Options
    aboroth00 wrote: »
    Correct indeed! I'm in the San Diego/UTC area. All Pm's replied :smile:

You have another PM... :D
  • footwedge
    Options
    Let me know if you find the box for 105.
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Count me out on the 105. In discussing it with my wife, we are going to wait for Oppo to release their 4k player.

As for the 7702, sent you a PM.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    7702 is paid for. Sorry fellas. ;)

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    He shoots! He scores! New HT room setup?
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    The Denon 4100 won't do 7.2.4. But the Marantz 7702 will.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Ya know we coulda hung a bunch of sheetrock last weekend......just sayin'....
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    On your vacation? Don't be a Russ. ;) I invited you to hang out and relax, not work.

• Jaybeez
    Options
    That 105 keeps calling my name!
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

WiiM Mini
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • aboroth00
    Options
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    That 105 keeps calling my name!

It's lonely without the 7702 to hook up to now.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It might be calling his mane. :#
    BUMP
    la2vegas wrote: »
    @Jaybeez if the Oppo is calling your nane it might be polite to answer back. I'm sure you'll be happy if you did.

• Jaybeez
    edited September 2016
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    @Jaybeez if the Oppo is calling your nane it might be polite to answer back. I'm sure you'll be happy if you did.

I'd be happy. My wife? Not so much. She doesn't get this stuff at all. This would probably kick off a "Give a Moose a Muffin" sequence that would end up with a new AVR and probably a few other "goodies".

2 Channel "Polk" Room:

WiiM Mini
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • aboroth00
    Options
    footwedge wrote: »
    Let me know if you find the box for 105.

Found the box. Shipping is available.

2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    @aboroth00

The XLS2500 that you mention has some scuffs.... are they on the faceplate or just on the top/bottom/sides of the amp?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • aboroth00
    Options
    @aboroth00

The XLS2500 that you mention has some scuffs.... are they on the faceplate or just on the top/bottom/sides of the amp?

Mostly on the top bottom and sides. Shoot me your email via pm and i can send you pictures.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • scubalab
    Options
    Get in line Dan! I got dibs on the 2500 and am a waitin' for pics myself. ;)

Will, did you get my email address yesterday?
  • aboroth00
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    Get in line Dan! I got dibs on the 2500 and am a waitin' for pics myself. ;)

Will, did you get my email address yesterday?

Check your email. I sent the pics earlier in the day. I'm gonna try to get some more pictures of the front plate to show imperfections. I was in a rush to get the processor out and dodge the traffic up the freeway!
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • scubalab
    Options
    Got 'em! I was having trouble with me email yesterday. Thanks Will!
  • scubalab
    Options
    Payment sent for the Crown XLS-2500. :D

It was a pleasure dealing with another great forum member. Will was fantastic throughout all my questions on the amp and truly a pleasure to deal with.

-Al
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    I am happy for you and sad at the same time.... you know what I mean :smile:
  • scubalab
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean Dan. I only decided to pull the trigger when I found out you really wanted it too... >:) Seriously though, I actually felt a little bad buying this when I found out it was on your wish list too. Although, I guess you can somewhat blame yourself for telling me last winter to keep my eyes open for a Crown pro amp for my sub build. :p