B&K making a comeback

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
Ok Folks,
I heard it and saw pic's. They are releasing some amps first and then Receivers and Preamps to follow.
I'm very excited to see someone raise from the ashes of the 2008 downfall and complete burn of our industry with major companies falling. It's been a ruff 8 years but I'm really hoping to see greatness from B&K again. If they release a new AVR or Pre and amp, I'm first in line.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Nice! Any details on timeframe?
    Is this still going to be under ATI, or all new B&K
    We had a good discussion going back in 2015. Can't remember what the outcome was.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    http://www.cepro.com/article/cedia_2016_bk_components_returns_new_amps_from_sound_developments

Nothing that sounds very interesting to me yet. Worlds smallest 25 watt amp? 16 channel amp? 7 channel amp? B&K soundbars? No thanks.

The only 2 channel thing in production is a 100 watt x 2 @ 8 ohm amp
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    I don't really understand what is happening, exactly. So ATI is selling the B&K brand to Sound Developments who will manufacture new equipment of their own design, badged B&K?

How is this B&K?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    msg wrote: »
    How is this B&K?

Only in name.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I was so exited when I saw this thread. Kind of disappointed after reading the link. Bummer!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Nightfall wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    How is this B&K?

Only in name.

Appears to be the case eh.....disappointed myself. Though truthfully, I'll never pay 3500 for a receiver again only to have it outdated in a year or so. Spend 2k on a good tubed pre amp and 1K on a HT receiver tops.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I thought when the brand was purchased by ATI it would be another outlet for ATI amps. But not sure what the up side would have been for them. They already produce their own and several other brands including Monoprice, Outlaw, and even some Levinson gear I think.
  • The little 2 channel amp with a sub out is VERY interesting.....

Some small bookies like the Polk Blackstones paired with a small sub would make for a cool option for those not wanting a soundbar.

Then add in the fact its internet controllable... HELLO! Thats pretty cool.

The 16 channel amp is actually not a bad idea for larger companies looking for distributed audio to multiple zones.

I'm REALLY excited to see their HT amp as that baby looks like a STOUT performer for sure!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I'm waiting to get them in my hands before I make any judgments.
    This is something I have been wishing for for a long time. I'm really hoping my Wish comes true.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.