Yamaha CR-840

Options
Needed to move this over here.

Ole gal is a purring as best she can.

After 2 dusting's 2 deox's, I was still having a right side weakness. Did all I could do and then it dawned on me, I was using a set of junk speakers through the whole process.

I then switched out my tester speakers for my 5 jr's, hooked em in, pushed play and all appears fine, cept for the 2 lights that are out.

FYI, taking the volume knob off was a bit tricky as there are 2 set screws holding it to the shaft and not the easiest to get to..but doable...Phew got lucky....

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    Glad you got it squared away. Yamaha cr models are great receivers & match well with Polk Monitors. I have the 840 also, with my Advent outdoor speakers & inside ADS speakers on the workbench & love it.
    Randy/Maine
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Me too Mr. B.

She's been running for a while with no hiccups, not sure about the "presence" knob yet. Would that be similar to midrange dial?

The loudness dial goes backwards which is different and that's all I need to stump a bonehead like me...

On a side note, the lady I got this stuff from was very nice, she said all this stuff was her Dads, that he really enjoyed music and from the few stories she told, I wish I'd had the pleasure to meet the guy.
  • boston1450
    Options
    Yeah there great built like a tank units. Play around with those knobs & see. I havent touched them in forever. Hit the button & enjoy.... I dont crank it but they are powerful & can do the job well. IIRC the 4-5 lights in the tuner are the little plastic w/bulb twist in ones & can be replaced in seconds & are pretty cheap on flebay
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Options
    You were correct . 09m97g78hvkw.png
    Randy/Maine
  • oldrocker
    Options
    I figured the lights were simple and cheap.
  • oldrocker
    Options
    If anyone has or had one of these units and had to replace the face plate lamps, would you mind sharing where you got the replacement lamps from?

I have 2 bulbs that are out and I'm not sure what the correct replacement bulb is or where to get them.

Thanks all..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Consider replacing them with LED'S lights. You should be able to find them on eBay. If not, I can give you the name of a guy that will make them for you.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Hmmm...sorry, I thought there were LED kits for that model, but it seems not. Anyway, this guy has what you need. www.dgwojo.com
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    Options
    Meter ones push in.... Remove them & keep the black rubber thingy & splice the new ones in & push them back where you got them. Do 1 at a time... Try not to leave too much excess wire-it will get hung up on the tuner thingy.... The tuner ones just turn & come off. Easy peasy. I use heat shrink on the wire for the meters & it seems to work good.
    Randy/Maine
  • oldrocker
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys!!