MW6503

Options
Hello All, I recently picked up a pair of CRSs from @TNHNDYMAN that he was parting out. I managed to buy them before they became to big of a project to start with. With that said one of the MW6503s were sold, so that's where I'm starting. Anyone know where I can get my hands on one?
2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

Comments

• TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Put a search in on ebay, and I'll keep my eyes open for you.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    ^^Thank you
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    Bump.. .
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Polk no longer sells them?
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    I wasn't sure if they did or not.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if they did or not.

pretty sure they do call Kim Jasper at Polk CS he's the man. I do understand wanting original so I'd buy a new and keep eyes out on the old 6503. No difference in sound to me only difference is the dust cover is larger to cover the leads on the cone and they did not cut screw gaps around the screw holes so make sure if you get new you remember to do that or the rubber surround will begin to come off from the screw torque.
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    Thanks for the information @pitdogg2 . How about the mag. I understand that the driver will be new but should I go ahead a power grab it anyways?
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    Thanks for the information @pitdogg2 . How about the mag. I understand that the driver will be new but should I go ahead a power grab it anyways?

Yes I would for piece of mind.
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    Copy that. I'll have it ordered by the end of that week. Thanks. :)