Viva Tubes

Options
heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,079
edited August 2016 in The Clubhouse
Just a heads up. He seems like a nice amicable guy and I know some of you guys buy from him. I have been tracking his auctions on Ebay (along with many, many others) and while I'm sure his intention is not to deceive, I have noticed many errors in his descriptions of tubes. Sometimes I think he is just guessing. Calling short plates long plates, calling all Ultron tubes (which are clearly 80's Tungsram tubes) Siemens or Valvo, etc.

Ultron was a German company but they were strictly a "rebrander" so they could really be any tubes. The ones I see lately are Tungsram, not Siemens or Valvo like he states.

Just posting for some of you that might not be as knowledgeable and are taking his descriptions at face value. I don't make it a habit of emailing sellers and correcting them. Nor do I normally make this kind of post, but he has hundreds and hundreds of tube listings.

So as always, buyer beware and be 100% sure what you're buying.

H9

P.s. I only say this as a public service announcement because I've seen some people on here buying from and recommending him. I've bought from him and he's a solid seller, except for some of his descriptions.
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!