FS: Cary 306 SACD

Options
For sale is my personal Cary 306 SACD. If you know anything about this player, you know it is well received and well reviewed.

I would give a Polkie a great deal on this, PM me for price.

I have original box, packaging (but will add bubble wrap to further bolster the packaging). The sale includes the player, stock power cord, and remote. The remote has some wear on it, the player itself honestly does not look like it has much wear if at all, I'd label it an easy 8/10 on audiogon scale. The functionality of the player is good, I noted that it has had to be restarted to read a dirty CD in the past but this perhaps occurred 3x or so and it has not happened in the past 6 months... otherwise it appears to be in good functional condition. I don't have much SACD in my collection, I did try an SACD disc and it played, but I could not get the SACD light to come on. I have used the digital outputs to go into my Emm Labs DAC2x and it works great. I have not tried the Digital Inputs to use it as a DAC. I have used all the up sampling and it works from top to bottom.

I try to be as transparent as possible to make sure the new owner knows everything I know.

Keep in mind, as ALL players age, there is wear on the laser, etc... expect to replace at some point and I would do that just so I have a fresh CDP over time. Just as a comparison - the only other 306 SACD I have seen for sale is on audiogon, it is listed for $2800. I will include keep this in mind with the pricing.

It will be the best pricing on a Cary 306 SACD.

At this time, I have dibs from @haimoc and I will honor his price regardless of what anyone else offers me.

If he proceeds, this will be sold.

If he passes, then this is FS to the rest of PF.

I have an Emm Labs TSDX Transport enroute... it will be here in 2 months. I will be CDP-less for that time.

I can ship quickly. yc8l90wotmac.jpg
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    Options
    Thanks Joey. I will enjoy and take good care of it.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Sold. Proof that PF is one of the best around
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    Joey. Please let me know if the sale to @haimoc falls thru.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    It didn't by the looks of it
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Nice pick up on a darn fine player. If this didn't sell, I was going to offer Joey a year of free Lou Malnatti pizza's shipped to his door.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Nice pick up on a darn fine player. If this didn't sell, I was going to offer Joey a year of free Lou Malnatti pizza's shipped to his door.

So u want to plump me up eh tony?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

So u want to plump me up eh tony?

You could use a few pounds on that skinny arse of yours pal. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Tony are those pizza's worth the price to buy online? Thanks
  • Joey_V
    edited August 2016
    Options
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    Tony are those pizza's worth the price to buy online? Thanks

My wife does and she cooks them on a pizza stone. It is one of our favorites...

When we go to chicago, we always stop by.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options