Polk A9 wiring question

Options
Hello. New to this forum and hoping I'm posting in the right spot. I have a question about wiring these beasts they call Polk A9's. I purchased the 9's, 3's and 6 for the center as well as the NAD T-758 and the NAD C 275bee. My question is can I use the outputs from the preamp for the front speakers to one set of posts on the A9's and the out puts from the amp to the second set on the same A9's? . If not or there is a better idea I'll take it. Thanks..

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, congratulations on your RTiA system! I imagine your question is about using the front channels of the T-758 for the upper set of binding posts and the outputs of the C-275 for the lower set of binding posts, correct? In effect, bi-amping (or pseudo bi-amping since the speaker's crossover is still in the path) the speakers. Since the C-275 has input level adjustments for controlling the relative outputs you could give it a try and see how you like it.
    There is a strong argument that the best approach to sound excellence is to have one very good amplifier powering the complete speaker system. The reasoning is that every piece of electronic gear has a different coloration factor that it imprints on the final sound, therefore don't combine different "thumbprints" from two different amplifiers on the same speakers.
    But, experimentation is also a worthwhile recommendation, try it both ways and have a few reference music sources to gauge what you're hearing. I, for one, would be interested in what you find.
    Cheers, Ken
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • hendon1971
    Options
    ive seen the expertise you guys have on this site just by reading answers to many different post about many different questions. Looks as yall have given me my answer. I'll push the 9's from one source.. Thank yall very much for the detailed answer, makes perfect sense. Pardon my inexperience , all my past systems all came in one handy dandy box. This is my first taste of trying to build something of substance. Thanks again.....
  • hendon1971
    Options
    Thanks I appreciate it. Never dropped that big of a dime on audio in my life and after reading reviews, especially on speakers, till my eyes were bleeding. Polks were the way to go for me. This site has a ton of people that know their business..Just cant wait till Thursday when it all gets here!!!
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited October 2016
    Options
    When the "new" has worn off your purchase replace all your speakers metal plate jumpers w/speaker wire.

Your ears will thank you.
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    Options
    ^ THIS ^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk