PSW 110 gone bad, Polk customer service a terrible experience

2»

Comments

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,395
    Hello Rich,
    The subwoofer's bass amplifier needs to be replaced or repaired, most likely replaced. Assuming you live in the U.S. give them a call at 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and they'll want the serial number and date of purchase.
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
  • JNB0430JNB0430 Posts: 1
    We are also having the same issue with our PSW110. It is only a few years old and has been take care of very well. It is making the same noise as everyone previously stated above. I have read that it is needing a part replaced. I am in the US. Could you give me the contact information so I could speak with someone about getting it fixed please? Also, I read that the part was shipped out for a few customers..is this a part that I can easily replace myself or am I going to need to take it somewhere once I receive the part? Thank you so much for your help!!
    Hello,
    You would telephone 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and have the serial number and date of purchase handy when you call. I believe they send you a replacement amplifier which can be easily replaced, I think there's a video on how to do it.
  • atc350xatc350x Posts: 1
    I'm on my 2nd psw110. The first one died and when I called Polk they said it'd be such amount to fix or for pretty much same price you can get a new one.. so I bought a new one.. well about 5-6 months ago the new one started screeching and thumping in the middle of the night.. got me out of bed pretty F'n quick.. well long story short I've been meaning to write in but life itself has been extremely busy.. so it's been on back burner.. well now I'm tired of movies with no thumping.. I've read through most of the comments and feel I have the same problem. Who do I need to talk to? Thank you in advance ..
    You would want to call Polk at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and have the serial number and date of purchase handy.
  • dave26dave26 Posts: 1
    Hi, Ive owned my polk audio psw 12" subwoofer for the pass 4yrs. recently I've noticed there was no power my first initial thought was the fuse is gone I opened the panel at the back i checked the fuse it was good. Upon doing some research on google I stumbled upon this forum here I've learned the issue could be the amplifier. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.
    Dave
2»