A new "Polkie" in the making.

Options
I had that garage sale a few weeks back which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Anyway, I sold some stuff which included my last set of 11's to a friend of mine's brother.

He was a nice guy, we talked about audio stuff, he said he had an old pioneer sx 650.
I told him "respectfully" that pioneer is a goody but no where near what they need to drive them.

I had them hooked up to my 950 and he was wide eyed at the sound so we made the deal.

His brother who was here also kept saying fire up the big boys, fire up the big boys "SDA's" which I did. I had him pick a CD and in goes Hotel California for a play and at the end, all he said was, that's just crazy.

He seemed hooked so I was sure to tell him about this place, great people great info if he ever wanted to take those 11's to the next level as there is a lot of neat things one can do to them.

So

I called the guy yesterday to see how things are going and ended up running over to his place for a visit.

FYI, hell of an album collection he has.
Anyway did some speaker positioning things and I must admit that lil 650 was doing it's best it could, not blasting by any means but doing it's best and it sounded ok.

He said he was completely satisfied and then he asked 2 questions.
1. If I had any other kind of those Polk speakers for sale? I said Uh...Nope.
2. What was the name of that polk audio web page.. He wrote it down.

So there might be a newbie joining our group.

My first assist of someone else into the rabbit hole... B)

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Lol.... Nice!!!

We will make sure to pull him father down :smile:...

PS as I type this I'm unpacking the stereo receiver and gear I brought with me on my BUSINESS trip :wink:

It's a sickness lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Yep it sure is...
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    I converted a friend into a Polkie a couple days ago when I gave him some Monitor 5s. Now he is looking to get some RTA 12Cs today! Ha! I really love PA and this community.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member