14567810»

Comments

• SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 6,457
    marvda1 wrote: »
    AT THE END OF THE DAY!ffj4cumsrgts.jpg

Russ had a long day.

How's come nobody plugged lightman in to recharge! :smiley:
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,359
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    marvda1 wrote: »
    AT THE END OF THE DAY!ffj4cumsrgts.jpg

Russ had a long day.

How's come nobody plugged lightman in to recharge! :smiley:
    Rich! My man......I've come to the realization that I can't work 60hrs in four days and fly down to meet these crazed lunatics and survive.

You missed a great GTG, Rich. >:)
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,919
    lightman1 wrote: »
    work 60hrs in four days

Jeebus...
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
    Nightfall wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    work 60hrs in four days

Jeebus...

14x4...plus pencil whip on the timesheet.....
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,583
    What are you guys impressions of the S60?
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
    cfrizz wrote: »
    What are you guys impressions of the S60?

Very nice and open. Easily driven by modest power. The tweeter didn't come out harsh and had a smooth transition with the mids.
    But consider these were fresh out of the box....with time I'm sure they'll get even more smooth.
    Low end was present and had impact without overwhelming the top end.
    Thumbs up, Cathy.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,161
    Makes you wonder what Polk could do if they put their mind to it. And I do not mean more SDAs. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,214
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Makes you wonder what Polk could do if they put their mind to it. And I do not mean more SDAs. :)

Honestly, they are putting their mind to it. Its just not what we want them to build. The products that are coming out the doors now are most excellent, but Polk is what it is - a gateway to this hobby that is more than good enough to recommend to friends and family who don't want to play at the level us enthusiasts do. They have their sights set down the right scope now.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra, Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design Magnifico, North Star Design Supremo
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,583
    edited October 2016
    Skip, which one do you plan for your living room, why and how would you rate the differences between two towers that you had to showcase?

When matched up with the gear in my signature, how do you think they will be.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • 02guy02guy Posts: 20
    agreed with Russ. they were practically right out of the box when we heard them. We heard them a bit more sunday night when russ and I got back from Austin to load up all the gear we were bringing back to NC. I think they had "warmed and smoothed" a bit by that point too.
  • D2LoD2Lo Posts: 352
    BlueFox wrote: »

Maybe we could the largest component audio brand in the United States? Oh wait, we already are :wink:

Michael DiTullo
    Chief Design Officer
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,161
    LOL. Try to get a reputation to go with that size. Especially an audiophile reputation. :)

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,214
    The s60 was top priority for me due to the large cave that is my living room. It is just a fuller sound in such a big space. It also puts the tweeter up above the ear where the s55 is slightly below. I've always found speakers to sound better when the midrange is right around ear level. I think both are awesome and the $660 tag on the s55 is a bargain... not that $900 for the s60 isn't. The s60 feels like it is about twice the size of the s55 so the price is justified in size and the extra woofers.

They both do well even on low power and I think they would do really well, either of them, on that rig you have.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra, Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design Magnifico, North Star Design Supremo
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
14567810»