Russ had a long day.

How's come nobody plugged lightman in to recharge! :smiley:
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,051
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    marvda1 wrote: »
    AT THE END OF THE DAY!ffj4cumsrgts.jpg

Russ had a long day.

How's come nobody plugged lightman in to recharge! :smiley:
    Rich! My man......I've come to the realization that I can't work 60hrs in four days and fly down to meet these crazed lunatics and survive.

You missed a great GTG, Rich. >:)
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,851
    lightman1 wrote: »
    work 60hrs in four days

Jeebus...
    Nightfall wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    work 60hrs in four days

Jeebus...

14x4...plus pencil whip on the timesheet.....
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,554
    What are you guys impressions of the S60?
    cfrizz wrote: »
    What are you guys impressions of the S60?

Very nice and open. Easily driven by modest power. The tweeter didn't come out harsh and had a smooth transition with the mids.
    But consider these were fresh out of the box....with time I'm sure they'll get even more smooth.
    Low end was present and had impact without overwhelming the top end.
    Thumbs up, Cathy.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 8,965
    Makes you wonder what Polk could do if they put their mind to it. And I do not mean more SDAs. :)
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,905
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Makes you wonder what Polk could do if they put their mind to it. And I do not mean more SDAs. :)

Honestly, they are putting their mind to it. Its just not what we want them to build. The products that are coming out the doors now are most excellent, but Polk is what it is - a gateway to this hobby that is more than good enough to recommend to friends and family who don't want to play at the level us enthusiasts do. They have their sights set down the right scope now.
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,554
    edited October 2016
    Skip, which one do you plan for your living room, why and how would you rate the differences between two towers that you had to showcase?

When matched up with the gear in my signature, how do you think they will be.
  • 02guy02guy Posts: 20
    agreed with Russ. they were practically right out of the box when we heard them. We heard them a bit more sunday night when russ and I got back from Austin to load up all the gear we were bringing back to NC. I think they had "warmed and smoothed" a bit by that point too.
  • D2LoD2Lo Posts: 351
    BlueFox wrote: »

Maybe we could the largest component audio brand in the United States? Oh wait, we already are :wink:

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 8,965
    LOL. Try to get a reputation to go with that size. Especially an audiophile reputation. :)

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,905
    The s60 was top priority for me due to the large cave that is my living room. It is just a fuller sound in such a big space. It also puts the tweeter up above the ear where the s55 is slightly below. I've always found speakers to sound better when the midrange is right around ear level. I think both are awesome and the $660 tag on the s55 is a bargain... not that $900 for the s60 isn't. The s60 feels like it is about twice the size of the s55 so the price is justified in size and the extra woofers.

They both do well even on low power and I think they would do really well, either of them, on that rig you have.
14567810»